Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
BonzaiiSheep

Default Stacked deck in epic

Hi again
Me and my girlfriend were playing a game of epic Munchkin, and as i drew the 2 face up door cards my girlfriend used "Stacked deck" and wanted to take both cards in her hand because the 2 cards are considered 1 (ex. lvl 1 monster and "Intelligent" makes for a lvl 6 monster)
I argued against that and she agreed that the SD only allows you to take one card.
Then later i was a Cleric and decided that i could use my Resurrection power twice(by discarding 2 cards) because i was drawing 2 face up door cards.
Only problem is that she thinks that would be unfair as she only got to get one card out of SD.

To put it clearly:
1. A power (as long as it doesn´t say once per turn) can be used repeadedly as long as the circumstances are there.

2. SD cannot be used to get both Door cards even though they are drawn simultaneously.

Do you agree?
P.S: I realise you aren't much for 2 questions in 1 thread but the problem is connected so i figured it was allright
BonzaiiSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Stacked deck in epic

Stacked Deck allows you to take ONE card. Resurrection allows you to take as many cards as you want, as long as you have the cards to pay for them.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #3
BonzaiiSheep

According to Resurrection: so when it is time for me to draw 1 face up card i can pick up as many of the discards as i have cards to discard?
And i do not just end up picking up my own discards as i assume they go to the top of the pile as i discard them? :P

If i seem a little uninlightened it is because i was looking at the old Cleric card (but the last question is still relevant)

Last edited by BonzaiiSheep; 03-18-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzaiiSheep View Post
According to Resurrection: so when it is time for me to draw 1 face up card i can pick up as many of the discards as i have cards to discard?
And i do not just end up picking up my own discards as i assume they go to the top of the pile as i discard them? :P

If i seem a little uninlightened it is because i was looking at the old Cleric card (but the last question is still relevant)
The new card is specific about the way multiple-card Resurrection works. You can't pick up more cards than you would be drawing anyway, and you resurrect all of them at once, not one at a time, so your discards don't hit the pile until you've taken the cards.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #5
BonzaiiSheep

Allrighty then thanks for all your help. I really have to buy "Go up a level" :D
Old 01-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
All_Thumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Stacked Deck allows you to take ONE card.
Does the person who played Stacked Deck get to choose which of the two cards to take, or is it automatically the first card drawn?
All_Thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Thumbs View Post
Does the person who played Stacked Deck get to choose which of the two cards to take, or is it automatically the first card drawn?
You play Stacked Deck when somebody draws a face-up Door and both of these doors are considered to be drawn simultaneously with the turn player choosing ordering if important (in the case of two of the same card), so you should almost certainly be able to choose which one you take unless I'm missing something.

Tags
resurrection, stacked deck