Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-26-2015, 07:39 PM   #1
smartjack

Default Help with spell book

Is there any way using the GCA or another program that I can make a spell book. I just want a list of spells that my character has and the page reference and the spells ability, without having to type it all up myself. My mage knows a lot of spells so any help would be appreciated.
smartjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #2
Diomedes

Default Re: Help with spell book

I know GCS prints the spells with their main stats and a page reference, though that's inline with the character sheet itself.
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:19 PM   #3
smartjack

Yeah I was looking for something that would add a little detail about the spell usage. I will just make me one on Excel if I need to was just looking for something easier.
smartjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:21 PM   #4
Dead Monky

I drew mine up by hand on a piece of notebook paper. Is anybody else terrified of this Y2K thing I keep hearing about?
Old 01-27-2015, 07:57 AM   #5
Anaraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Monky View Post
I drew mine up by hand on a piece of notebook paper.
Be careful you don't get lead poisoning from your pencil.

I never have trusted those newfangled graphite things.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:31 AM   #6
NorphTehDwarf

This "paper" thing's just a passing fad. Wax tablets are and always will be where it's at.
NorphTehDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:32 AM   #7
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartjack View Post
Is there any way using the GCA or another program that I can make a spell book. I just want a list of spells that my character has and the page reference and the spells ability, without having to type it all up myself. My mage knows a lot of spells so any help would be appreciated.
There's two different Grimoire sheets for GCA - is that not good enough? (EDIT: I seem to have three, actually - Grimoire, Grimoire2, and GrimoireSmall, dating back to 2005 and 2011)
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:56 AM   #8
Anaraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
There's two different Grimoire sheets for GCA
Do either of those let you print a list of spells separate from the rest of the character sheet? The Print Preview shows me the spell list embedded in the character sheet, either in the box with Skills, or in a seperate section, but still between skills and equipment, depending on whether I check the "by sections" button in Character Sheet Options. I think the OP was looking for a spell list on completely independent pages.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:26 PM   #9
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Do either of those let you print a list of spells separate from the rest of the character sheet? The Print Preview shows me the spell list embedded in the character sheet, either in the box with Skills, or in a seperate section, but still between skills and equipment, depending on whether I check the "by sections" button in Character Sheet Options. I think the OP was looking for a spell list on completely independent pages.
Um. As specifically mentioned, I'm talking about the grimoire sheets. They're based pretty much exactly on the grimoire form from 3e Magic. Not the default sheet...

You open non-default sheets by going File -> Print Preview Using... or by changing what default sheet is associated with the character under Options -> Current Character Options.

There's a whole bunch of them.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:37 PM   #10
Anaraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
You open non-default sheets by...
That's my problem. I was trying to change the character sheet with Tools / Character Sheet Options / Sheet Profile. Which (oddly enough) doesn't change the profile in use on the open character sheet.

(That would be the Tools / Options / Current Character / Character Sheet dropdown. Or Print Using... as Bruno says, if you only want the change for printing or preview purposes.)

Thanks for straightening me out.