Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-10-2016, 11:35 AM   #1
Berdryn

Default GURPS Online, Where to find games and what to play them on.

I've been looking for a while now for GURPS games online. I know of a few websites but so far, it seems very rare to find a GURPS game.

Roll20.net
Myth-weavers.com

I was a big fan of OpenRPG/Triapse but it seems to have died. Roll20 seems to be the best option but most times its voice and video. I really rather not and prefer text only games.

On Myth-weavers, I've seen only a few games pop up and they either die outright or are flooded with applications before I find them.

Any suggestions would be great, maybe we can compile a list of resources for others who are looking for something like this as well.
Berdryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:39 AM   #2
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: GURPS Online, Where to find games and what to play them on.

are you looking for pbp or something else where people play in real time only by text?

rpol has a few gurps games.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:29 PM   #3
Berdryn

Well I would prefer something live but PbP could work, I've never really enjoyed doing those as I liked the chat and I always ran my games with little planning in favor of a lot of on the fly improv.

Honestly, any stable GURPS games that would help me learn the system and provide some long lasting entertainment
Berdryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:36 PM   #4
Gigermann

As usual, I will suggest Fantasy Grounds—been using it for years for GURPS
Gigermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:16 PM   #5
NorphTehDwarf

The Something Awful forums have a pretty good trad. games section and a few gms do gurps on the reg. Most do PBP but a few use one of those virtual tabletop thingies.
NorphTehDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:56 PM   #6
Maz

I have had really good experience with rpol.net.
Maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:26 PM   #7
hal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigermann View Post
As usual, I will suggest Fantasy Grounds—been using it for years for GURPS
I second this. I'm currently running an Old West campaign set in Kansas in 1873. Players (2 at present) just foiled a rescue of a Quantril's Raiders outlaw being transferred via the Kansas pacific railroad enroute to Denver where the man would have stood trial for murder. The player characters just met Ben Johnson, and received $3,000 in bounty money for the men they killed in foiling the rescue.

I'm eventually going to start a GURPS Cyberpunk campaign titled Chrome Nights set in Night City. In this campaign, the over the top elements such as exploding bozos and the like will be cleaned up. It will be a sort of GURPS Terradyne meets GURPS Cyberpunk with some elements of CO2020 to boot. Story starts sometime around 2040's to 2050's. Uses Classic GURPS Vehicles and Classic GURPS tech levels for the most part.

THAT particular campaign is in the planning stages and won't be ready for a bit yet. I purchased the ultimate license so that people can use the free demo version of FG2 to link in. Let me know if you want a demo of what FG2 is capable of.

Hal
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:29 PM   #8
Zarmonic

Roll 20 needs GURPS GM's! A lot of people seem willing to play or at least try it out, but few have the experience with the system needed to pull it off.
Zarmonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:34 PM   #9
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I know there's at least one active roll20 game that for the moment is always recruiting! Not that its got a particularly experienced GM (me).

Of course, one of the great obstacles in RPGing is time -- not time to do it, but dedicated time when you can play the game. And as much as I'm able to do forum and planning stuff, my schedule is pretty stiff on sit down and actual game in real-time time.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 08-11-2016 at 01:58 PM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:04 PM   #10
hal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarmonic View Post
Roll 20 needs GURPS GM's! A lot of people seem willing to play or at least try it out, but few have the experience with the system needed to pull it off.
Sad part is, now that I've gone Fantasy Grounds 2, I won't go d20 route. $150 for VTT software means I'll not use anything else. :(
hal is offline   Reply With Quote