Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #971
Dalillama

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Glen, on his way back to the kitchen, drops the mic to clap his hands over his ears as the noise echoes through the house. HE retains enough presence of mind to pick it back up again, but continues ti shake visibly as he sits against thae wall and holds the mic around the corner.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:28 AM   #972
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Ryuki follows the sound of the phone to grab Mitch's hand. He pulls on it, judging by its direction where Mitch's ear should be. "They don't want to get killed or banished here because that would send them to Hell, to a boss they've been avoiding and a questioning that's positively medieval. Use that." And he lets Mitch go. "No matches. I guess I'll wait it out. Shouldn't be much longer now."

((Waiting on Sunae's next action to lift the darkness.))
Mitch nods as Ryuki as he picks up his phone and listens to Zahirah on the other end "I'm on my way." He looks up at the sound of the howl thundering through the house for those that can hear it and then picks his way to the bedroom and knocks on the door.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:41 AM   #973
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch nods as Ryuki as he picks up his phone and listens to Zahirah on the other end "I'm on my way." He looks up at the sound of the howl thundering through the house for those that can hear it and then picks his way to the bedroom and knocks on the door.
Ruby watches the action out front through a tiny crack in the curtains. When she hears the knock, she sits up straight and looks at Mitch with what may be a perpetual smirk.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:25 AM   #974
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"Warm welcome, boys ... let me return the favor," Kane says through his half-hideous face, grinning. He spears a third with the flaming sword, nailing him to the turf, then retreats -- just far enough to throw the can of furniture polish at the conflagraton.

Assuming it goes off with a pop that satisfies a Malakite of Creation, he then truly pulls back to draw any survivors into Corat's field of fire. But not without grabbing a flamingo ornament off the lawn, snapping it at the base to create a sharp point. Instant spear.
He's mad. He's seriously mad. Berserk even, at being pinned down to the lawn. You can hear him hissing and growling even from the couple of yards and a garage wall you've put between the pack and yourselves. Someone in that pack though has stopped the others from running around the corner after you. Could be more than one someone, hard to tell, but the smart money says that the voice of reason in that group instructed someone to pull the sword out, roll on top of the guy to put the fire out, and most significantly not to run after the Malakite half-baked. Or half-toasted, as it were.

The group huddles for a second, tufts of shoe polish burning forlornly off demon clothes, and while the huddle makes another neck shot impossible Corat still manages to pop one of the demons in the leg. "They're planning," he whispers to Kane. "That's never good."

And then, as if in a chorus, some of them begin to Sing.

((Ruby's scene/inside the house, feel free to get in a line or two of dialogue before the Singing begins.))

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 02-10-2012 at 04:14 AM. Reason: a little visual color
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #975
Puck

Quote:
Ruby watches the action out front through a tiny crack in the curtains. When she hears the knock, she sits up straight and looks at Mitch with what may be a perpetual smirk.
Mitch steps in and glances around quickly, looking relived to see Zarhirah looking safe "How may I be of assistance?"
Old 02-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #976
alexondria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch steps in and glances around quickly, looking relived to see Zarhirah looking safe "How may I be of assistance?"
Zahirah would say calmly "Ruby has a proposition for you concerning the ending of the hostilities tonight. If you chose to accept her proposition then I can see to the contract being enforced."

Last edited by alexondria; 02-10-2012 at 03:17 PM.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #977
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
Zahirah would say calmly "Ruby has a proposition for you concerning the ending of the hostilities tonight. If you chose to accept her proposition then I can see to the contract being enforced."
She lays it out simply. "I will call off my people in exchange for a geas on each one of you angels, and your puppydog. Before you get upset, all you will owe me is to tell people that I have a geas on each one of you. You will each tell five separate parties over the next two weeks that you owe Ruby," she points to herself, "a Lilim's debt. Only you and I need to know that talking about it fulfills that debt."

Seraph: CD 2 on your resonance--besides your street sense telling you it can't be that easy, there has to be ramifications for advertising that she's not talking about. Sure you could guess at a lot of it, but she's already done the math.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #978
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
The group huddles for a second, tufts of shoe polish burning forlornly off demon clothes, and while the huddle makes another neck shot impossible Corat still manages to pop one of the demons in the leg. "They're planning," he whispers to Kane. "That's never good."

And then, as if in a chorus, some of them begin to Sing.

((Ruby's scene/inside the house, feel free to get in a line or two of dialogue before the Singing begins.))
"Come on, buttercup!" Kane calls out to the demons. "You yella or what?" He hurls his flamingo spear at one, then grabs the hose and readies an improvised lariat, trying to cast the loop tight over as many demons as he can.

If I can keep 'em from movin', maybe I can screw up the Song just a little ...

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #979
RadLilim

Quote:

If Ash seems receptive to directions, he points him towards the blackness. "Go around the back, watch for who comes out."
Ash yips in agreement and heads out that way.

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #980
Puck

Quote:
She lays it out simply. "I will call off my people in exchange for a geas on each one of you angels, and your puppydog. Before you get upset, all you will owe me is to tell people that I have a geas on each one of you. You will each tell five separate parties over the next two weeks that you owe Ruby," she points to herself, "a Lilim's debt. Only you and I need to know that talking about it fulfills that debt."

Seraph: CD 2 on your resonance--besides your street sense telling you it can't be that easy, there has to be ramifications for advertising that she's not talking about. Sure you could guess at a lot of it, but she's already done the math.
Mitch looks thoughtful "I can not speak for the others to either say yay or nay for them. But allow me to ask a few questions. What do you get out of this? Yes, some bragging rights that you have some angels who owe you a geas, but that seems a bit small for one of your status."

He continues "Also, you come in here prepared for a small war, wishing as I understand it, to seize both the tether and the jars and their contents. You will let all that go in return for a a geas on all of us? How large will this geas be by the way?"

Tags
in nomine