Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:51 PM   #1
Bowser

Default ODE base tray question

Sigh.

I guess this is just my night for asking questions, but I might as well get them out of my system.

OK. It's been a little over four years since those of us that ordered the Ogre Designer's Edition (ODE) received them in the mail. There was some talk on the forums about using spray foam (expanding insulation stuff) to fill the backside of the box's base tray to give it increased solidity and durability.

Those of you who actually did that: Knowing what you know now, would you do it again if you had the choice, or not?

(I've yet to pull the trigger on this and I should actually get it done sooner rather than later. I just wanted to now how it worked out for people in the long term.)

Thanks,
Bowser
Old 01-15-2018, 07:35 PM   #2
adm

Default Re: ODE base tray question

Yes I would.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:37 PM   #3
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Sigh.

I guess this is just my night for asking questions, but I might as well get them out of my system.

OK. It's been a little over four years since those of us that ordered the Ogre Designer's Edition (ODE) received them in the mail. There was some talk on the forums about using spray foam (expanding insulation stuff) to fill the backside of the box's base tray to give it increased solidity and durability.

Those of you who actually did that: Knowing what you know now, would you do it again if you had the choice, or not?

(I've yet to pull the trigger on this and I should actually get it done sooner rather than later. I just wanted to now how it worked out for people in the long term.)

Thanks,
Bowser
FWIW, I have *not* done that, and my box has likely seen a better-than-average amount of abuse/travel with no adverse effects.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:22 PM   #4
CON_Troll

I've taken my copy to several local conventions and can report that the trays seem quite stable and robust. There has been some very minor "splitting" of the plastic at the bottom of some of the corners, but this has been minor and not really noticeable unless you're actually looking carefully for damage.

I probably won't back-fill mine because it would make them (and the whole box) heavier.