Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 03-31-2014, 11:22 AM   #1
Jumbosize

Default Three questions regarding card rules...

Hello there, my friends and I have just recently started playing Munchkin and have come across a few cases where we are unsure of the exact rules for some cards. Here are my questions:

1) The Malign Mirror Curse: So this card says that you do not get any bonuses from items other than armor on your next battle. Does these exclusively mean combat bonuses, or does that refer to any bonus whatsoever? For instance, if I was using the Tuba of Charm to grant me +3 to run away, is that limited in my next combat?

I personally interpreted this card as "combat bonuses only" and my reason is that combat bonus cards literally will just say "+1 Bonus" on the top or something like that. However, my friend made the argument that the +3 to run away is indeed a "bonus" it just does not explicitly state it. What's your opinion?

2) So the halfling race has the ability to re-roll a die if they attempt to run away and fail. If a halfling is battling two monsters, and wants to run away from both of them, do they get an extra shot on each attempt? Or is it one attempt during the whole combat?

3) Okay this one I think I probably already know the answer to but I just wanna double check. So monsters enhancers cards such as Humongous and Ancient will increase the number of treasures you get from defeating the monster. The Polymorph Potion allows you to get the treasure of a monster without actually killing it. Now, in this circumstance, does it count as a defeat, and therefore grant you those treasures?
Jumbosize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:41 AM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Three questions regarding card rules...

In the future, please don't post several unrelated questions in a single thread. These are short, so I'm going ahead and answering them.

Malign Mirror affects combat bonuses only.

Halfling can reroll once per monster.

Enhanced monsters grant all Treasures, for the monster and the enhancer, no matter how you defeat them (assuming you would get any Treasures at all).

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote