Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 07-25-2010, 10:25 PM   #11
thedag

Default Re: Pairing Different Munchkin-games

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronaut View Post
The "classic" good pairing is to combine Cthulhu with Bites, since Cthulhu has classes but no races*, and Bites has races but no classes. That way you can be a Vampire Monster Whacker, or a Werewolf Professor, or a Changeling Cultist. There are other synergies as well, and the combination of the goth feel of Bites and Lovecraftian feel of Cthulhu blend nicely. And of course, when bats and goths come together, it's a monster party.
yes but more importantly will they be dancing the monster mash or the Transylvanian twist???

sorry couldn't resist
thedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #12
maxdemon76

Default Re: Pairing Different Munchkin-games

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronaut View Post
The "classic" good pairing is to combine Cthulhu with Bites, since Cthulhu has classes but no races*, and Bites has races but no classes. That way you can be a Vampire Monster Whacker, or a Werewolf Professor, or a Changeling Cultist. There are other synergies as well, and the combination of the goth feel of Bites and Lovecraftian feel of Cthulhu blend nicely. And of course, when bats and goths come together, it's a monster party.

But it's munchkin, and you can do whatever you like with the cards you buy. You want to blend Supers and Pirates, powers to ya, mate.

Regards,
aeronaut

*The "Monstrous Heritage" card can count as a race, but it's a rare card.
I'm sorry, I don't think there is any "classic" pairing. People pair whatever sets they want. In fact, Bites and Super Munchkin are also quite good to pair for the class/race reason mentioned above, and that they both use powers.

Seriously though, any number of base sets can be combined with their expansions. At one point (before TGTBTM, Booty, and Chthulu) my friends and I would mix Fantasy, Star, Fu, Super, Bites, Impossible, and Blender together. It makes for a crazy game, but it was fun.

I wouldn't recommend going over six players either. It gets a bit tedious, but if your group doesn't mind long waits between turns, by all means feel free to play it how you like.
maxdemon76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
munchkin, pairing games, special rules