Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #11
ClayDowling

Default Re: GURPS Character Sheet (GCS) wiki

Making that a working repository for additional data files as new books come out would be nice.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #12
DangerousThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humabout View Post
You're not clueless. I couldn't even add and edit a sandbox page, which most public wikis seem to regularly support. After some more noodling around, I think the wiki isn't set up for the public to edit, despite what it says.

I do totally agree that this would be a great thing to have floating around the web, but unless the admin fixes the permissions, it might not happen here.
I have nothing to do with GCS or the wiki, but I have space and I can easily set up a new wiki.

If anybody is interested, I can create a wiki where people could add their character sheets and new libraries, as well as other GURPS stuff like templates and such.
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #13
Captain Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousThing View Post
I have nothing to do with GCS or the wiki, but I have space and I can easily set up a new wiki.

If anybody is interested, I can create a wiki where people could add their character sheets and new libraries, as well as other GURPS stuff like templates and such.
I think we should give Richard Wilkes, the guy who wrote GCS, a bit more time to come to the defense of his GCS wiki. Otherwise, maybe we should consider just adding GCS stuff to one of the existing generic GURPS wiki's.

Last edited by Captain Joy; 06-26-2013 at 11:24 PM. Reason: I misspelled GURPS. Seriously.
Captain Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #14
DangerousThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Joy View Post
I think we should give Richard Wilkes, the guy who wrote GCS, a bit more time to come to the defense of his GCS wiki. Otherwise, maybe we should consider just adding GCS stuff to one of the existing generic GURPS wiki's.
Z'alright with me. Just offering.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:57 AM   #15
Captain Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousThing View Post
Z'alright with me. Just offering.
There is an email group associated with GCS. I'll pick their brains. If it's decided that a new GCS wiki is what's best, I will not forget your kind offer.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #16
DangerousThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Joy View Post
There is an email group associated with GCS. I'll pick their brains. If it's decided that a new GCS wiki is what's best, I will not forget your kind offer.
That's OK too. I'm in an easy going mood right now.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #17
pst

Now (a few days ago) Richard Wilkes has edited the welcome page, and it now says
Quote:
Do to some malicious activity, I turned off the ability of self-registered users to edit the content of this wiki. If you'd like to contribute, send me an email and I will enable your account for editing.
pst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:37 AM   #18
Captain Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pst View Post
Now (a few days ago) Richard Wilkes has edited the welcome page, and it now says
I've sent two emails since then and haven't heard back yet. I hope he's just work-busy or something, and not gravely I'll or dealing with something horrible.

Tags
fan sites, game aid, gcs, help needed, wiki