Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 02-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
Munchkinator

Location: I live in a dark scary hole, whispering, "Precious..."
Default Resurrecting Door Cards

Forgot about my other question, so I guess I'll just make a new thread.

OK. Here's the scenario:

It's my turn. I'm a Cleric. The previous player just fought the Potted Plant, but right before my turn came, another player used the Duck of Doom on me. So the Door discards has a Duck of Doom on top and a Potted Plant beneath it.

Instead of Beating Down the Door, I use my Resurrection ability and pull up both the Duck of Doom and the Potted Plant.

Now, do these cards go into my hand for me to use (i.e. curse back my enemy and Look for Trouble), or do I face them the same way I would any other card I pulled up when Beating Down the Door (in other words, lose two levels and immediately fight the Potted Plant)?

Along with this, what if I Resurrect two monsters (say Drooling Slime and the Lame Goblin) instead of beating down the door? Do they both go in my hand, or do I fight them both immediately?

Hope that's clear. Thanks for the help.
Munchkinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
StormCrow42

Default Re: Resurrecting Door Cards

You CAN'T resurrect two door cards when kicking down the door, you can only use the Cleric's resurrection ability to the limit of the number of face up cards you were going to draw. In any event, the card you resurrect is treated as if you just drew it, so if you resurrect the duck of doom when you kick in the door, you suffer the effects, you don't get to put it in your hand. The same if you resurrect a monster, you have to fight it.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
Munchkinator

Location: I live in a dark scary hole, whispering, "Precious..."
Default Re: Resurrecting Door Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCrow42 View Post
You CAN'T resurrect two door cards when kicking down the door, you can only use the Cleric's resurrection ability to the limit of the number of face up cards you were going to draw. In any event, the card you resurrect is treated as if you just drew it, so if you resurrect the duck of doom when you kick in the door, you suffer the effects, you don't get to put it in your hand. The same if you resurrect a monster, you have to fight it.
Oh, wow. Okay. And here we've been resurrecting a bunch of cards and sticking them in our hands....
Munchkinator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cleric, resurrect, resurrection