Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #111
tshiggins

Default Re: Five Earths, All in a Row

EDWARDS: “Well, let’s set aside the war for the moment, shall we? My viewers in Great Britain have considerable interest in your background. As you stated earlier, the version of ‘Superman’ created by Mr. Siegel and Mr. Schuster differs considerably from you. Without revealing too much, were you actually raised in rural America? How did your upbringing affect your view of the world?”

KAL'EL: "I was. It's fairly well-known on this Earth that Phil Wylie's novel, Gladiator, was mostly based on my life up to about 1925, though only the parts relating to the Great War aren't very embellished, and the end is pure fantasy. I have to say that I was very lucky to be found by two such loving parents - that's one thing the funny-books generally get right - and it was their example that made me the man I am today, far more than my powers. As for life in small-town America, I have to say I can't imagine a better way to grow up, but I'd imagine a guy who grew up in a neighborhood in Brooklyn would say the same thing about playing stick-ball on his street. Pop wouldn't let me play much sports after elementary school, because it wouldn't have been fair, but I went to the dances and barn-raises and the swimming-holes, with all the other kids. I made a little pocket money when people needed to bring in the hay, like most of the boys. Everybody knew everybody and looked after each other's kids, and you could keep your doors unlocked at night; you still can, actually. I've been to some amazing places, but when I want a chance to just rest for a while, I go to Ma's place and sit on the porch with a glass of sun-tea. I'd hate for that to get lost."

SIEGEL: “At what age did you learn about Krypton? Where is it – or was it – located in, space? What star did it orbit?”

KAL'EL: "When I was twelve, my father, or adopted father if you prefer, showed me the landing rocket that brought me to Earth. The computer in the rocket had an enormous store of knowledge, that even now, I haven't finished sorting through. The red sun you call Gamma Crucis, or Gacrux, is the one my ancestors called Rao. It underwent a helium flash, a sort of nova, in about 1539, though that wasn't seen on this Earth until 1627. The fact that it doesn't seem to have happened yet in your timeline gives me some hope."

EDWARDS: “In the months since the other Earths appeared, we’ve been visited by what are apparently reconnaissance craft from planets in your solar system – Mars, to be specific. Were you aware of the existence of those civilizations? What can you tell us about them? Should we be concerned?”

KAL'EL: "Yes, you should be concerned. We've known there was life on our Mars since the Martian Invasion of 1895, and from that, we know that at least one faction is, or was, hostile. The Martians who invaded Earth back then didn't have vessels of such starkly phenomenal speed, and we only won because they couldn't handle our diseases."

SIEGEL: “Well, that’s rather alarming. It seems that we face more than one danger. Fortunately, it seems that your world has more than one extraordinary being. It also seems that extraordinary individuals have started to appear, here, as well. Do you have any insight as to why people such as you exist? Do you have any idea why people, here, have suddenly started to manifest – well – super-powers? What’s the source of this power?”

KAL'EL: "I don't know, but given that your people apparently started gaining powers only after Dr. Goddard's probe entered orbit around your Earth, I think it's possible that the enhanced fuel he used, or something else that hitched a ride on the probe, might be responsible."

EDWARDS: “Are you the most extraordinarily gifted individual on your world? Or do similarly-gifted individuals exist, there, in addition to you?”

KAL'EL: "I guess that depends on what you mean. I've arm-wrestled Captain Marvel for charity, we've both raced the Flash, and while I usually come out ahead in strength, it's always a challenge - and no-one has beaten the Flash in a race. Green Lantern and Dr. Fate can do many things I can't, but they both seem to be behind me in raw force."

SIEGEL: “According to what you’ve said, Krypton was a real place, and you arrived on your Earth, there, in a spacecraft many years ago. Do other advanced civilizations exist in the galaxy of which your world is a part?”

KAL'EL: "I don't really know. I've met two versions of the Legion of Superheroes, both of them from alternate worlds like yours, that are farther in the future than ours, and both had aliens from many worlds as members - though most of those 'aliens' are descendants of humans taken from their Earths some time in the Stone Age. Given how much like a human I am, and the lack of humanoids in Krypton's fossil record before about seventy-eight thousand years ago, that may be where my own ancestors came from. So, there may be humans all over the galaxy, along with all sorts of aliens, or there may not."

SIEGEL: "That's extraordinary. How long does it take to travel through space, there? Are spacecraft restricted to the speed of light, as Einstein has indicated, or do those civilizations have some sort of warp drive or hyperspace engines? How long did it take the craft that brought you to reach your Earth?

EDWARDS: "Hang on. Your Einstein is still alive, isn't he? What does he say about space travel and the speed of light?"

KAL'EL: "Pretty much what he said on your world. As for faster than light travel, that's complicated. In the Legion's, ah, 'worldline', everyone uses hyperdrive for interstellar journeys, and space-time warping for fast sub-light interplanetary trips, and it's perfectly safe. In our history, my people never quite developed a practical warp drive, and our hyperdrive experiments resulted in a nightmare that bears an eerie resemblance to one of your movies that the computer from my landing rocket recently alerted me to: it's called 'Event Horizon', and apart from details like language, names and faces, and such, it's a very close match for the black box records from our first manned hyperdrive vessel. Even the name references the same phenomenon, though a literal translation would be 'Fascinating Border'. This made us more than a little hostile to anyone who came to us from hyperspace, which the computer records show happened at least three times. All three left after being shot at instead of talked to, but fortunately, no-one invaded.

The only friendly contact we had was Mon'El, Lar Gand of Daxam, who's in your comics. He came in a plasma-sail spacecraft, like the one my father built, but more advanced, single stage, and reusable, though the sail was a bit smaller, so he didn't get to Earth until I was a teenager. That meeting went sort of like the one in your comics did, but I took him directly to the Legion when he started having an allergic reaction to lead, instead of sticking him in the Phantom Zone."

EDWARDS: "I vaguely remember that film. You're saying that hyperspace is some sort of nightmare dimension? Some hellish place?"

KAL'EL: "The one my people found, yes. I don't know if it's the only hyperspace that we can reach, but it's the only one I know of, for my worldline. The version the Legion used was different, but they told me that some early experiments did lead to other hyperspaces, more dangerous, or just less useful."

SIEGEL: "You just used the term, 'world-line,' when you referred to the Legion. Our understanding is that the Legion of Superheroes lies in the future of the your galaxy. Is that what you mean?"

KAL'EL: "When I first visited them, I thought they were in the future of this world, but later on, Querl - Brainiac 5 - explained that they wasn't the case, that there were many different dimensions, where history was at an earlier or later point. He called these dimensions 'worldlines', and said mine was one of the easiest for them to access."

SIEGEL: “Is this information widely known, in your world?”

KAL'EL: "Not really, though it isn't a secret."

EDWARDS: “Do you have advanced Kryptonian technology available to you? Is it anything you’d willingly share?”

KAL'EL: "I have to be careful about that, because the technology from the crashed remnants of the acceleration stage of the vessel that brought me here are already being misused, and some items that I did give out for study were almost immediately stolen, and in some cases, used against me. Also, Kryptonian technology is so far in advance of Earth's that it can barely be studied, and can't really even be copied, except with other extraordinary technology, like old Professor Dalton's Imperfect Duplicator Ray."

SIEGEL: “I not sure that answer will make anyone here happy, given the threats we face not only from your world and your Solar System, but from other worlds in the galaxy on your side of the space-portal. Do you have any idea why all of these portals suddenly opened?”

KAL'EL: "No. Even the best scientists and mystics I've spoken to don't know that."

EDWARDS: “Do you believe it could be a reversible process, or are we destined to be neighbors for the foreseeable future?”

KAL'EL: "I really don't know, nor does anyone I've discussed it with."

(End part 2.)
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #112
tshiggins

SIEGEL: “Given the dangers, would you consider participation in – for want of a better description – some sort of Justice League or Avengers? A group of extraordinary individuals tasked with defense of our worlds?”

KAL'EL: "Well, I'm already an associate member of the Justice Society of America, so the answer to that is yes. I normally wouldn't have time to devote to it, but the sort of threats a group like that would face are things I'd want to stop, anyway."

EDWARDS: “How would you like to see such a group, or organization, comprised or governed? Would you like to see it as a corporation, or exist under the sponsorship of a government? Would you prefer it operate as an international Non-Governmental Organization, perhaps under the auspices of some sort of interplanetary United Nations?”

KAL'EL: "The latter, though I can see great problems with forming anything like your United Nations, or even our League of Nations, from the nations of our five Earths."

SIEGEL: “Would you lead such an organization? What sort of criteria would you set for those who wish to join as colleagues? Would you require permission of sovereign nations to operate in their territory? Or would you prefer to see it primarily focus on extraterrestrial threats?”

KAL'EL: "If I were elected leader, or appointed by a legitimate authority, then I would, but I would not nominate myself. I did lead the Legion of Super Heroes for a few weeks once, during my longest visit with them. For membership, having something useful to contribute, being able to work with others, and not being an unreformed criminal or would-be tyrant seem like the most important criteria. I'd say it should focus on extraterrestrial threats. I'm no politician, but I've seen how they react to anything that hints at a loss of personal power, much less national sovereignty."

EDWARDS: “Until now, we’ve primarily focused on the interaction between our two Earths. However, portals have opened to three others, all of which are visible from our world. Have you devoted much thought to those three? Which of them interests you, the most?”

KAL'EL: "I would have to say the one between our worlds, being farthest in the past, interests me the most. I've always liked history, and a Rome ruled by King Arthur is fascinating."

SIEGEL: “The cultural differences between your world and ours are quite profound, but the similarities are enough that your people could find our experiences valuable. However, the other three Earths are even more, well, culturally remote, let’s say. How should we deal with them? Would you prefer to see proactive efforts, or more ‘hands-off’ approaches?”

KAL'EL: "I'd say that you, and we, once we're out there, should show restraint in dealing with less advanced worlds, especially the two farthest 'back'. The history of colonialism in both our Earths show how bad it can be for the less advanced party, when someone more advanced wants to 'engage proactively' with them. With your technology, you could easily overwhelm them and damage their cultures, irreparably. We could do the same, and our colonial history is much closer to us. We haven't gone through the process your historians call 'decolonization,' and I'm not sure how -- or if -- that will happen, here. It seems to be at least somewhat traumatic for everyone involved, if your history is any indication, and maybe it's best to just avoid creating colonies amongst other people, in the first place."

EDWARDS: “Have you any plans to visit them, in the near future? Do you have any bits of advice, or even simple messages, for the people of the other three Earths?”

KAL'EL: "Just like with your Earth, not until after the war. For people on the other Earths, I have this to say:

"Greetings. I know you feel quite concerned about the changes we all face, and I think that's only to be expected. I think I can say, though, that most of people on my world are decent folks, and they don't mean you any harm. We face some pretty serious problems on my world, just now, but we'll resolve them, and we'll do everything we can to make sure you don't get drawn into them. After that, I hope we can meet and figure out a path into the future that's beneficial to everyone."

SIEGEL: “Do you have any final words for our listeners?”

KAL'EL: "From what I understand, you had just started to pull out of some pretty tough times, there, when you suddenly found yourself drawn into our problems. I know that most of us wish we could've prevented the attacks on you; I know I certainly would have tried, had I known of them, in time. Hopefully, our two Americas and our two Allied Europes can work together and end this war quickly. If we can, that may lay the foundation for much closer and more friendly ties, in the future. I just hope everyone, there, remembers that we have more things in common than we have differences, really."

EDWARDS: “Thank you very much for your time, today, Kal'El. I know you have tremendous demands on your time, and a great deal to think about.”

SIEGEL: “You’ve given us a lot to think about, as well. We do appreciate your time, today.

<End Recording>

“This is All Things Considered, on National Public Radio.”

“And a special edition of BBC News at Ten. Thank you for your attention.”
Old 12-08-2013, 03:22 AM   #113
nick012000

So, I was reading the SB thread (but can't post there due to being banned from SB), and I've been sort of inspired to try statting myself, with a few modifications for the setting. You cool with that?
nick012000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #114
tshiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick012000 View Post
So, I was reading the SB thread (but can't post there due to being banned from SB), and I've been sort of inspired to try statting myself, with a few modifications for the setting. You cool with that?
I don't see any reason why not, but you may want to send a PM to Prince Charon, to get his attention. He focuses more on the SB thread than this one.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #115
Prince Charon

Quote:
Feel free. I don't think the stats will be long enough to run into the dreaded character limit, unless you decide to be silly about it.

Also, something that some of you may have already seen, but probably not all of you, if you don't all read the SB.com threads.

Superboy timeline (entries marked with '^' take place in the same year as the ones above them):

1537: Lar Gand, an astronaut from the planet Daxam, arrives on Krypton, and allows their scientists to study his vessel.

1539: Kal'El is born to Jor'El, and his wife, Lara'Lor'Van.

^ The Kryptonian Science Council refuses to acknowledge Jor'El's analysis of Rao's stellar activity, believing that the helium flash will not be a concern for centuries.

^ Jor'El and his brother, Zor'El, each send out multistage testing vessels, one bearing a puppy, the other a monkey, using plasma sails like the Daxamite vessel Lar Gand arrived in, but simpler, intended for one-way journeys.

^ Lar Gand leaves Krypton.

^ Kal'El and his cousin, Kara'Zor'El, are launched into space in their escape vessels, amid protests that this is pointless child-endangerment. Due to a combination of limited resources, and the fact that she weighs rather more than a puppy, monkey, or baby, her vessel has the smallest plasma sail in comparison to the size of her landing-rocket, while Kal'El's sail has the largest ratio of sail to lander, despite having a smaller sail overall than his cousin.

^ Rao, known on Earth as Gamma Crucis or Gacrux, undergoes helium flash, greatly accelerating the plasma-sail vessels already launched, and rendering Krypton uninhabited.

1627: The light of Rao's helium flash reaches Earth.

1893: Kal'El's landing rocket arrives on Earth, while the acceleration stage breaks up in the atmosphere, and spreads out to minimize the damage done. Surviving items, such as the kryptonite power crystals, will be used for both good and ill over the next several decades.

1895: Martians invade Earth, crush it's military forces, and are defeated by the common cold.

1905: Kal'El's adoptive father shows him the landing-rocket that brought him to Earth, and the young man begins studying the records left behind in the computer's vast data-storage system.

^ The test-vessel containing the Kryptonian puppy reaches Earth, and its landing-rocket is drawn to the transceiver in Kal'El's landing craft, while the acceleration stage, as with Kal's, breaks up, giving Earth scientists more things to study. Kal'El adopts the puppy, calling him 'Krypto', after their birth-world.

1906: Kal'El encounters the Legion of Super-Heroes, and after some childish hazing (not as bad as in canon, though), is invited to join them. He eagerly accepts, despite the need to wear a silly blue, red, and yellow costume (though he likes the red cape), that he suspects is yet more hazing (it isn't, and the costume eventually grows on him, though it will be decades before he's willing to wear something like it too often in his own time).

^ Professor Dalton, a (slighly mad, and a bit clumsy) scientist, friend, and mentor of Kal'El's, develops a duplicator ray, which unfortunately makes only imperfect copies of items it is used on. An accident when Dalton klutzes out leads to the creation of the first Bizzaro.

1907: The vessel bearing the Krptonian monkey arrives on Earth, and like the last two, the acceleration stage breaks up, spreading even more Kryptonian tech over the Earth. The landing rocket follows the transceivers of the other landers, and Kal'El has to deal with a mischievous monkey. He names the creature Beppo, but soon finds that trying to keep it under control takes up far too much time and effort, and so he gifts the monkey to the Legion, who have better means of dealing with it (like Saturn Girl's telepathy, for example).

1908: The vessel carrying Lar Gand arrives on Earth, and follows the transceivers to Kal'El's family farm. An intermittent flaw in the life-support system gives Lar hibernation sickness, in the form of retrograde amnesia. Kal'El, believing that the older boy may be his brother, gives him the Kryptonian name Mon'El, and the Earth (USAmerican) name Robert Cobb.

^ "Mon'El" experiences a severe allergic reaction to lead, and Kal takes him to meet the Legion, in the hope that they can cure him. Saturn Girl is not only able to treat his deadly allergy, but restore his memories. Despite now knowing they are not related, Kal'El and Mon'El remain brothers by choice, even if not by blood. Mon'El chooses to remain in the more advanced, and thus more familiar, world of the Legion, though Kal'El visits regularly.

I could continue this timeline, and might, later on, but that seems like enough for now.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.

Last edited by Prince Charon; 12-19-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:56 AM   #116
nick012000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
Feel free. I don't think the stats will be long enough to run into the dreaded character limit, unless you decide to be silly about it.
Cool beans. Thinking about the character's weirdness, though, made me think of an idea for a snippet. On the timeline, it'd probably look something like this:

November [single digit]: The Wonderland of Eastern Fantasy, Gensokyo, declares war on the Third Reich in retaliation for the Ghost Invasion Incident, as they refer to the events of Halloween. Work on magic-enhanced, nuclear-powered rockets to facilitate this begins.

Hit a snag in the character sheet, though. Not sure how to reproduce omnidirectional danmaku sprays. The directional ones are easy: just a ranged Innate Attack with high RoF.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #117
Prince Charon

Quote:
Cool beans. Thinking about the character's weirdness, though, made me think of an idea for a snippet. On the timeline, it'd probably look something like this:

November [single digit]: The Wonderland of Eastern Fantasy, Gensokyo, declares war on the Third Reich in retaliation for the Ghost Invasion Incident, as they refer to the events of Halloween. Work on magic-enhanced, nuclear-powered rockets to facilitate this begins.

Hit a snag in the character sheet, though. Not sure how to reproduce omnidirectional danmaku sprays. The directional ones are easy: just a ranged Innate Attack with high RoF.
That... may be a bit over-powered, or possibly way overpowered, depending on how you write it. You do know that Gensokyo and its people will be thoughtforms taking the images and personalities of the Touhou characters, right? I'm interested in the snippet, but try to keep the individual power levels (of any beings that aren't classified as gods, and if you have any, be prepared to justify that) toned down.

Remember, 200+ point characters are still rare on Inp-Earth, even with the empowerment, despite being rather more common than they were, before the probe arrived - though this is a soft limit, not a hard limit. Of course, the Spirit meta-traits (GURPS Horror has a lot of those) mostly do not count against that limit, but innate attacks and other 'interacting with the material world' advantages do.

(Clarification: Invisibility, Insubstantiality (even with the Affect Substantial enhancement, since that just allows other powers to work across the Astral Barrier, like the Barrier Breaking technique in Psionic Powers p29 - including the -3 skill penalty), Unaging, Immunity to Metabolic Hazards, and Doesn't Breathe/Eat/Drink/Sleep, do not count against the suggested soft point limit, while the interactive powers found in some of the meta-traits in GURPS Horror do count.)

For the snippet, do note that an accurate description of Gensokyo power levels would be massively overpowered for the setting (unless they're a lot weaker in canon than I've been lead to believe), except when they're only interacting with other Gensokyo natives (though they can be witness by non-natives or non-spirits).

I do strongly recommend that you start, when you work on your 'self', by creating you as you were in real life on December 21, 2012, and then adding the powers you might develop.

-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.

Last edited by Prince Charon; 12-09-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #118
nick012000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
That... may be a bit over-powered, or possibly way overpowered, depending on how you write it. You do know that Gensokyo and its people will be thoughtforms taking the images and personalities of the Touhou characters, right? I'm interested in the snippet, but try to keep the individual power levels (of any beings that aren't classified as gods, and if you have any, be prepared to justify that) toned down.
Well, yeah. As for gods, well, Yukari Yakumo is probably one, given her ability to time travel if nothing else. Maybe EX-Rumia, as well, considering that Youkai are the manifestations of people's fears and troubles, and she's a Darkness Youkai (and thus the personification of humanity's fear of the dark).

Quote:
Remember, 200+ point characters are still rare on Inp-Earth, even with the empowerment, despite being rather more common than they were, before the probe arrived - though this is a soft limit, not a hard limit. Of course, the Spirit meta-traits (GURPS Horror has a lot of those) mostly do not count against that limit, but innate attacks and other 'interacting with the material world' advantages do.
Really? That's lower-powered than I though it was; GURPS: Supers suggests that Superman-tier characters (like Doctor Fate and the DP Green Lantern) are in the 500-600 point range.

Quote:
For the snippet, do note that an accurate description of Gensokyo power levels would be massively overpowered for the setting (unless they're a lot weaker in canon than I've been lead to believe), except when they're only interacting with other Gensokyo natives (though they can be witness by non-natives or non-spirits).
Yeah, I figured as much. Still, spirits powered by the hopes of a million fanboys aren't going to be terribly weak. ;)

Quote:
I do strongly recommend that you start, when you work on your 'self', by creating you as you were in real life on December 21, 2012, and then adding the powers you might develop.
That's exactly what I did, actually!
Old 12-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #119
Prince Charon

Quote:
Well, yeah. As for gods, well, Yukari Yakumo is probably one, given her ability to time travel if nothing else. Maybe EX-Rumia, as well, considering that Youkai are the manifestations of people's fears and troubles, and she's a Darkness Youkai (and thus the personification of humanity's fear of the dark).
It doesn't matter all that much how powerful they are in their native setting. It matters how well-known they are, and how emotionally invested people are in each individual character, and also, how emotionally invested large numbers of people are in that character being very powerful. So, they're quite likely to be more powerful than average, but there are so many Gensokyo characters that I doubt any will be gods, and if they are, it's likely (though not certain) to be the most popular characters, rather than the most objectively powerful in canon.

A Gensokyo character who explicitly corresponds to an existing god, the way Marvel's Thor is supposed to be the the Norse god Thor, should probably get a pass, due to that god(dess) simply incorporating that image into her array of forms, with little or no change (Thor often manifests on Inp-Earth with something close to Movie-Thor or Comic-Thor's costume, but often with red hair and beard, and an accurate Migration Period or Viking Age helm and hammer, for example).

There's also an unknown factor in determining whether a spirit is a god or not, because I didn't want to clutter up the threads with arguments - same reason I decided that you can't stat out the gods, so that I didn't have people trying to tell me that this god is more powerful than that one, or that so-and-so would curbstomp everyone (more a problem on SB.com than here, though).

Quote:
Really? That's lower-powered than I though it was; GURPS: Supers suggests that Superman-tier characters (like Doctor Fate and the DP Green Lantern) are in the 500-600 point range.
The top tier characters, including all the ones you just listed, are very probably over 1,000 points. It's just that beings that powerful are very rare.

Dp-Earth has somewhere in the area of 2,304,000,000 people, counting people who aren't exactly human, or are very clearly non-human, but not counting spirits or gods. Of those people, it is very unlikely that more than a dozen could accurately be written up with more than a thousand points, unless you went out of your way to find baroquely inefficient builds for some of the ones who are approaching that tier. There's also the question of how much is spent on powers, as opposed to skills, mundane advantages, and unenhanced attributes.

EDIT: There could be hundreds, or even over a thousand, in the 500-600 range, though.

Quote:
Yeah, I figured as much. Still, spirits powered by the hopes of a million fanboys aren't going to be terribly weak. ;)
True. Of course, there's also the matter of how many of those fanboys are only emotionally invested in Gensokyo, as opposed to any other fiction or meme, and how many are invested in a specific character, rather than several or many.

Quote:
That's exactly what I did, actually!
That's good. I look forward to it.

-- Tacitus

Last edited by Prince Charon; 12-09-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:30 AM   #120
nick012000

So, then, an export from GCA!

Code:
Name: Nick Numbers
Race: Human

Attributes [40]
ST 8 [-20]
DX 10
IQ 13 [60]
HT 10

HP 8
Will 13
Per 13
FP 10

Basic Lift 13
Damage 1d-3/1d-2

Basic Speed 5
Basic Move 5

Air Move 10
Ground Move 5
Water Move 1

Social Background
TL: 8 [0]
Cultural Familiarities: Western (Native) [0].
Languages: English (Native) [0]; Japanese (Native/Broken) [2].

Advantages [183]
Ally (Utsuho Reiuji) (100% of starting points) (12 or less; Special Abilities) [15]
Artificer (1) [10]
Blasting Rod [62]
-Affliction (Non-Lethal "Kzinti Lesson") (1) (Alternative Attack; Area Effect 
 (8 yd); Bombardment (Skill 14);  Gadget/Breakable: DR 3-5; 
 Gadget/Breakable: Size -1 or -2; Gadget/Can Be Stolen: Thief must win a 
 Quick Contest of DX or  ST; Increased Range (1/2D Range only) (x10); 
 Rapid Fire (3x5)) [6]
-Affliction (Non-lethal "One At Sufficient Velocity") (3) (Alternative Attack;
 Armor Divisor (2); Gadget/Breakable: DR 3-5;  Gadget/Breakable: Size -1 or
 -2; Gadget/Can Be Stolen: Thief must win a Quick Contest of DX or ST; 
 Increased Range (1/2D  Range only) (x10)) [6]
-Affliction (Non-lethal Danmaku) (1) (Alternative Attack; Gadget/Breakable: 
 DR 3-5; Gadget/Breakable: Size -1 or -2;  Gadget/Can Be Stolen: Thief must
 win a Quick Contest of DX or ST; Guided; Increased Range (1/2D Range
 only) (x10);  Magical; Overhead; Rapid Fire (+15)) [5]
-Burning Attack (Danmaku) (3) (Gadget/Breakable: DR 3-5;
 Quick Contest of DX or ST; Guided; Increased Range (1/2D Range only)
 (x10); Magical; Overhead; Rapid Fire (+15)) [33]
-Burning Attack (Space Card: Kzinti Lesson) (2) (Alternative Attack; Area
 Effect (8 yd); Bombardment (Skill 14);  Gadget/Breakable: DR 3-5;
 Quick Contest of DX or  ST; Inaccurate (-2); Increased Range (1/2D Range
 only) (x10); Rapid Fire (3x5)) [6]
-Piercing Attack (Space Card: One At Sufficient Velocity) (6) (Alternative
 Attack; Armor Divisor (2); Gadget/Breakable: DR 3-5; Gadget/Breakable:
 Size -1 or -2; Gadget/Can Be Stolen: Thief must win a Quick Contest of DX
 or ST; Increased Range (1/2D Range only) (x10)) [6]
Path/Book Adept (2) [20]
Ritual Magery (Path/Book) (3) [30]
Ritual Magery 0 [5]
Single-Minded [5]
Versatile [5]
Wizard Hat [11]
-Combat Reflexes (Gadget/Breakable: DR 3-5; Gadget/Breakable: Size -1 or
 -2; Gadget/Can Be Stolen: Easily snatched with unopposed DX roll;
 Magical) [3]
-Gunslinger (Applies to Innate Attacks rather than Guns; Gadget/Breakable:
 DR 3-5; Gadget/Breakable: Size -1 or -2; Gadget/Can Be Stolen: Easily
 snatched with unopposed DX roll; Magical) [5]
-Sartorial Integrity [1]
-Tracer Eyes [1]
-Language (Japanese, Native; Gadget/Breakable: DR 3-5; Gadget/Breakable:
 Size -1 or -2; Gadget/Can Be Stolen: Easily snatched with unopposed DX
 roll; Magical) [1]
Wizard's Robes [19]
-Damage Resistance (3) (Flexible; Gadget/Breakable: DR 3-5;
 Gadget/Breakable: Size 0 or more; Gadget/Can Be Stolen: Must be forcefully
 removed; Magical) [3]
-Flight (Gadget/Breakable: DR 3-5; Gadget/Breakable: Size 0 or more;
 Gadget/Can Be Stolen: Must be forcefully removed; Magical) [16]

Perks [1]
Weapon Bond (Innate Attack (Projectile): Blasting Rod) [1]

Disadvantages [-48]
Addiction (Internet Browsing) (Cheap) [-5]
Bad Sight (Nearsighted) (Glasses) [-10]
Clueless [-10]
Code of Honor (Professional) [-5]
Intolerance (Leftists) (One group) [-5]
Odious Personal Habit (Says ridiculous but honest things, so people think he's
 lying) (-1) [-5]
Reputation (Nutjob right-winger, obsessed with nuclear rockets) (-2) (All the
 time; Small class) [-3]
Truthfulness (12 or less) [-5]

Quirks [-5]
Allergy (Cigarette Smoke) [-1]
Careful [-1]
Chauvinistic [-1]
Likes cheap food [-1]
Sadomasochist [-1]

Skills [69]
Accounting IQ/H - IQ-2 11 [1]
Administration IQ/A - IQ-1 12 [1]
Computer Operation/TL8 IQ/E - IQ+1 14 [2]
Computer Programming/TL8 IQ/H - IQ+1 14 [8]
Current Affairs/TL8 (Headline News) IQ/E - IQ+0 13 [1]
Current Affairs/TL8 (Popular Culture) IQ/E - IQ+0 13 [1]
Current Affairs/TL8 (Science & Technology) IQ/E - IQ+0 13 [1]
Electrician/TL8 IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [1]
	includes: +1 from 'Artificer'
Electronics Operation/TL8 (Communications) IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [2]
Electronics Operation/TL8 (Sensors) IQ/A - IQ-1 12 [1]
Electronics Repair/TL8 (Communications) IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [1]
Electronics Repair/TL8 (Sensors) IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [1]
Engineer/TL8 (Electrical) IQ/H - IQ-1 12 [1]
First Aid/TL8 (Human) IQ/E - IQ+0 13 [1]
Flight HT/A - HT+1 11 [4]
Hazardous Materials/TL8 (Chemical) IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [2]
Hobby Skill (Miniature Wargames) IQ/E - IQ+0 13 [1]
Hobby Skill (Science Fiction) IQ/E - IQ+0 13 [1]
Innate Attack (Projectile) DX/E - DX+2 12 [4]
Law (Aviation Legislation) IQ/H - IQ-2 11 [1]
Mathematics/TL8 (Applied) IQ/H - IQ-2 11 [1]
Mathematics/TL8 (Statistics) IQ/H - IQ-2 11 [1]
Mechanic/TL8 (Heavy Airplane) IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [1]
Navigation/TL8 (Air) IQ/A - IQ-1 12 [1]
Path of Dreams IQ/VH - IQ+0 13 [1]
	includes: +3 from 'Ritual Magery (Path/Book)'
Path of Elements IQ/VH - IQ+0 13 [1]
Path of Gadgets IQ/VH - IQ+1 14 [2]
Path of Nature IQ/VH - IQ+0 13 [1]
Path of Spirit IQ/VH - IQ+2 15 [4]
Path of the People IQ/VH - IQ+0 13 [1]
Physics/TL8 IQ/VH - IQ-1 12 [4]
Piloting/TL8 (Heavy Airplane) DX/A - DX-1 9 [1]
Piloting/TL8 (Helicopter) DX/A - DX-1 9 [1]
Piloting/TL8 (High-Performance Airplane) DX/A - DX-1 9 [1]
Piloting/TL8 (Light Airplane) DX/A - DX-1 9 [1]
Public Speaking IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [2]
Research/TL8 IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [2]
Ritual Magic (Path/Book) IQ/VH - IQ+2 15 [4]
Scrounging Per/E - Per+0 13 [1]
Writing IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [2]

Spells [10]
Banish (Path/Book) Tech/H - def+0 11 [0]
Bind (Path/Book) Tech/H - def+0 12 [0]
Exorcise (Path/Book) Tech/H - def+0 13 [0]
Fetish (Path/Book) Tech/H - def+5 12 [6]
Repair (Path/Book) Tech/H - def+3 12 [4]
Summon Beast (Path/Book) Tech/H - def+0 10 [0]

Stats [40] Ads [183] Disads [-48] Quirks [-5] Skills [69] Spells [10] = Total [250]

Hand Weapons
1  Escrima Stick  LC:4  $20  Wgt:1  
    Swing  Dam:1d-2 cr  Reach:1  Parry:6F  ST:6  Skill:SK:Sword!, 
 SK:Smallsword, ST:DX-5, SK:Main-Gauche-3, SK:Rapier-3, SK:Saber-3,
 SK:Shortsword-4  
    Thrust  Dam:1d-3 cr  Reach:1  Parry:6F  ST:6  Skill:SK:Sword!,
 SK:Smallsword, ST:DX-5, SK:Main-Gauche-3, SK:Rapier-3, SK:Saber-3,
 SK:Shortsword-4
And yeah, I can justify all those non-magical skills, thanks to spending four years trying and failing to get a Bachelor of Engineering (Infomechatronics), followed by three getting a Bachelor of Aviation Technology at a different university, followed by spending the last year going to a Part 66 Registered Training Organisation to get the theory part of a Certificate 4 in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (Infomechatronics) after I found that the degree wasn't helping me find a job due to a lack of experience. Well, other than the Japanese, anyway, but this version of me has been spending the past year hanging out with his Japanese spirit-girlfriend, along with the occasional visit to Gensokyo on the weekends.

Last edited by nick012000; 12-10-2013 at 04:39 AM.

Tags
5 earths in a row, alternative earths, infinite worlds