Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 05-15-2016, 12:24 AM   #1
Ddsgrl86

Default Cursed Thingy Question

I feel I already know the answer to this question but I wanted to make sure for next time. First of all, we played the curse incorrectly because my cursed item was chosen for me rather than I being the one that chose it. It was placed on my largest item which was a big two handed item. I was waiting for a curse that would force me to lose one big item but it never came. Instead, another player was cursed and forced to discard one item and the other players were forced to lose items adding up in gold to the item the person discarded or lose 2 levels. My cursed item was worth 600 and the person discarded an item costing 800 gold. So I discarded my cursed item + an item equaling 200 gold. It was argued that only a curse forcing me to discard the item could allow me to get rid of my cursed thingy which I agree with however I argued it was a curse forcing me to get rid of it, not just me selling the item. I was also bitter about not getting to choose my cursed item. Since know one knew for sure the protocol they let me discard it.
Ddsgrl86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cursed thingy