Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Resources

Old 03-04-2016, 07:20 AM   #11
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Thursday is GURPS Day: Links and format!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Joe View Post
And hopefully it's moving the needle on GURPS enthusiasm amongst the infidels and apostates!
Truthfully, it would move the needle more if every time one of these GURPSDay posts came out, people took to social media and shared it widely. Google+, Facebook, and Twitter are all fertile ground for spreading the love by sharing widely. My social media network is reasonable, but it's probably only a thousand people. Casting that net wider by aggressively sharing makes the social network actually behave like a network. Much wider reach!
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:38 AM   #12
DouglasCole

Thursday is GURPSDay, and we nearly hit 60 posts this week! Here's the ever-expanding round-up of GURPS posts. As always, if you blog about GURPS, even occasionally, drop me a line at gurpsday@gmail.com

GURPS Day Summary Mar 4 - Mar 10, 2016
Old 03-10-2016, 01:02 PM   #13
Mailanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Truthfully, it would move the needle more if every time one of these GURPSDay posts came out, people took to social media and shared it widely. Google+, Facebook, and Twitter are all fertile ground for spreading the love by sharing widely. My social media network is reasonable, but it's probably only a thousand people. Casting that net wider by aggressively sharing makes the social network actually behave like a network. Much wider reach!
I don't like randomly blabbing stuff like that over social media to my friends... until I remember that there's a segment of them that would like this and probably don't know about it. So... blabbed.

Also, I've been noticing a general uptick in my blog over the past month or so. I thought at first it was that people were more interested in this material than in previous material... but I'm noticing that more people view my stuff in general. I suspect that GURPS Thursday is having an effect in that it's creating greater engagement, greater awareness of what other people are doing, and higher visibility for GURPS in general. I'd be curious to see if other people are experiencing a similar slow rise.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #14
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
I don't like randomly blabbing stuff like that over social media to my friends... until I remember that there's a segment of them that would like this and probably don't know about it. So... blabbed.

Also, I've been noticing a general uptick in my blog over the past month or so. I thought at first it was that people were more interested in this material than in previous material... but I'm noticing that more people view my stuff in general. I suspect that GURPS Thursday is having an effect in that it's creating greater engagement, greater awareness of what other people are doing, and higher visibility for GURPS in general. I'd be curious to see if other people are experiencing a similar slow rise.
It's a bit too soon to tell, and, well, my site hosts the GURPSDay event, so traffic has to come through me.

But January was my best month ever, Feb is fourth, and March is tracking to replace Feb as #4.

For unique users, my first year was about 1,600 per month (Google Analytics). Then from there it climbed, fell, and settled at about 2,700-3,000 per month through July 2015. It jumped hard to 4,700 in August 2015, probably coinciding with me deciding to do more D&D5e, settled a bit, and then slammed to over 5,000 with the advent of GURPSDay for both Jan and Feb. March looks to be about 4,500 if trends continue.

I'm not sure what to do to break out. I've started posting some of my things on Twitter (I avoided it for years), and already I'm seeing some more traffic.

But I think, overall, you're right - networks work when the net is wide, and we're mostly acting as amplifiers for each other , which is good.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:48 AM   #15
DouglasCole

Thursday is GURPSDay, and here's the morning roundup. 40 posts from 37 blogs, and the script was run a half-day early this week, so be sure to check the update tomorrow!

GURPS Day Summary Mar 11 - Mar 17, 2016
Old 03-24-2016, 07:32 AM   #16
DouglasCole

Thursday is GURPSDay, and below you can find at least 45 GURPS-Related posts from our list of 37 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen, which is a nice chunk of reading material. This is the morning roundup, and will be updated at between 10-12pm CST tonight.

As always, if you're interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.

GURPS Day Summary Mar 18 - Mar 24, 2016
Old 03-31-2016, 06:58 AM   #17
DouglasCole

Thursday is GURPSDay, and below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.

Over the last week, there have been 34 GURPS-Related posts from our list of 37 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen, which is a nice chunk of reading material. Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.

As always, if you're interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.

GURPS Day Summary Mar 25 - Mar 31, 2016
Old 04-07-2016, 08:20 AM   #18
DouglasCole

Thursday is GURPSDay, and below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.

Over the last week, there have been 48 GURPS-Related posts from our list of 38 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen, and includes for the first time the Ironemblem Gaming blog, which is hosted on Tumblr. Apparently getting a tagged RSS feed from Tumblr is pretty easy, so yay. Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.

GURPS Day Summary April 1 - April 7, 2016
Old 04-14-2016, 09:16 AM   #19
DouglasCole

Thursday is #GURPSDay and here are just shy of 40 posts that have hit the aether in the last week. Thursday usually sees a flurry of late-day activity, so keep watching this space for the update.

GURPS Day Summary April 8 - April 14, 2016
Old 04-21-2016, 10:52 PM   #20
DouglasCole

Thursday is GURPSDay, and thanks to my lovely wife, who ran the scripts for me while I was 9,000 miles away, here are this week's blog posts!

GURPS Day Summary April 15 - April 21, 2016

Tags
gurps day