Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 09-13-2016, 11:46 AM   #1031
HunterS
Marketing Director

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Discussion Thread

Update #17 - Dungeon Cover by Brandon Moore, Pre-Order Forms for Discworld and GURPS Mars Attacks

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1680326
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:52 AM   #1032
Nemoricus

So, here's the breakdown. It's not exhaustive, but it covers the options I think that people might find interesting.

$36

This gets you all of the box materials in pdf form, including: pdfs of the rule booklets, Adventurers, Exploits, Spells, Monsters, and Dungeon (408 pages), pdfs of the Carboard Heroes, and pdfs of the maps.

$41

This gets you the pdfs of the box materials, the DM Screen, and the booklets that come with the DM screen. There's no details on what the screen or booklets will include, though.

$50

This gets you the boxed set, which includes the five rule booklets (408 pages), sheets of Cardboard Heroes, twelve stands for the Heroes, maps, and dice. This and everything going forward is eligible for the stretch goal rewards.

$56

Digital copies of all the new products this Kickstarter is offering, including: the rule booklets, Adventurers, Exploits, Spells, Monsters, and Dungeon (408 pages), Carboard Heroes, twelve black stands maps, the DM screen, the two DM screen booklets, and the Pyramid Dungeon Fantasy article collection.

$70

All of the physical products this Kickstarter is offering, which is the boxed set and the DM screen. Those include: the rule booklets, Adventurers, Exploits, Spells, Monsters, and Dungeon (408 pages), Carboard Heroes, twelve black stands for the Heroes, maps, dice, the DM screen, and the two DM screen booklets.

$85

This gets you the boxed set and digital copies of everything in the box, minus dice.

Physical: the five rule booklets (408 pages), sheets of Cardboard Heroes, twelve black stands for the Heroes, maps, and dice.

Digital: pdfs of the rule booklets, Adventurers, Exploits, Spells, Monsters, and Dungeon (408 pages), pdfs of the Carboard Heroes, and pdfs of the maps.

$110

This gets you the boxed set, the DM screen, and the DM screen booklet, plus digital copies of everything in those.

Physical: the five rule booklets (408 pages), sheets of Cardboard Heroes, stands for the Heroes, maps, dice, the DM Screen, and two booklets of gameplay aids.

Digital: pdfs of the rule booklets, Adventurers, Exploits, Spells, Monsters, and Dungeon (408 pages), pdfs of the Carboard Heroes, pdfs of the maps, a pdf copy of the DM Screen, and pdfs of the two gameplay aid booklets.

$125

Here you can get everything new that this Kickstarter is offering: the box, the DM Screen, digital copies of the box and screen materials, and the Dungeon Fantasy Pyramid article collection. This is "I want it all" lite, essentially.

Physical: the rule booklets, Adventurers, Exploits, Spells, Monsters, and Dungeon (408 pages), Carboard Heroes, maps, dice the DM screen, and the two DM screen booklets.

Digital: Digital copies of all the new products this Kickstarter is offering, including: the rule booklets, Adventurers, Exploits, Spells, Monsters, and Dungeon (408 pages), Carboard Heroes, maps, the DM screen, the two DM screen booklets, and the Pyramid Dungeon Fantasy article collection.

$227

As $125, but you also get the 1-year Pyramid magazine subscription, a physical copy of the How to Be a GURPS GM book, one extra set of black mini stands, and one set of color mini stands. This is the minimum value of the "I Want It All!!!" tier.

$250

"I Want It All!!!" At $579 worth of products, this is the best deal that the Kickstarter offers. But what does it include?

In short, you get the boxed set, the DM screen, digital copies of the boxed set materials and the DM screen, 26 existing Dungeon Fantasy pdfs, 5 non-Dungeon Fantasy pdfs that are useful for Dungeon Fantasy, 6 Dungeon Fantasy-themed Pyramid magazine articles, the Dungeon Fantasy Pyramid article collection, and a 1-year subscription for Pyramid magazine. It also comes with a print and digital copy of the How to be a GURPS GM book, one extra set of black mini stands, one set of colored stands (24 black and 12 colored stands in total), and ten sets of ready-to-print Cardboard Heroes.

For the long version? Go to the campaign page and scroll down. Everything that's listed as being included in the box or as an add-on, you're getting it at this tier. This is well over 1500 pages of material, and I didn't even get into the Pyramid articles.

As an added bonus, you'll get the pdfs of the already published books ahead of everyone else, since they don't need to do the survey to know what you want. They just need to ask for your email address.

Last edited by Nemoricus; 09-21-2016 at 08:29 AM. Reason: $250 Cardboard Hero sets
Nemoricus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:00 PM   #1033
GM Joe

Nice breakdown. Well done!
Old 09-13-2016, 02:53 PM   #1034
trystero

I think including a half-dozen looseleaf pregenerated characters in the box would be a huge aid to new players who are intimidated by point-buy character creation, and also to players who just don't have time to whip up a character before play starts.

Players who have the time and experience to make up their own characters won't suffer from having six extra sheets of paper in the box, but beginners with no GURPS experience—the ideal target market for this set—may find those pregenerated characters to be just the creative spark (or worked example) they need to get into the swing of things.

(I'll say for myself, also, that for any new game system, even when I'm making up my own character, I always want to see how the game designers expect me to fill out the character sheet, since it's not always obvious how I should record my characteristics, skills, traits, and so on. Pregens are a great way of providing that information.)

For reference, the Starter Set box for fifth-edition D&D includes five pregenerated characters: a dwarven cleric, an elven wizard, a halfling rogue, and two human fighters (an axe-wielding melee type and a bow-using skirmisher). That's a pretty solid set of D&D archetypes (or stereotypes), showing how some race/class combinations work well together. I think a similar set of archetypal pregen PCs would greatly enhance the utility of the DF box.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #1035
GM Joe

Holy crap! How to be a GURPS GM is getting a well-deserved print run, and is included in the DF kickstarter now!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1680620

(Oh, and they're including 16 pages of pregens with the GM screen, too.)
Old 09-13-2016, 03:12 PM   #1036
HunterS
Marketing Director

Update #18 is here:

A New Add-On and Pre-Generated Characters

In case anyone wanted to update their "Value for $250 level" trackers.
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:15 PM   #1037
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Joe View Post
Holy crap! How to be a GURPS GM is getting a well-deserved print run, and is included in the DF kickstarter now!

(Oh, and they're including pregens, too.)
My reaction too.
I own the PDF adn was thinking hmm got to spring for an add on as soon as I saw the header. But its freaking included in the I want it all!
And its softcover so going in my carry on pack to game sessions.

Pregens dont do anything for me but nice to see them added as its going to answer a vocal group.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:19 PM   #1038
kmunoz

Now I want I Want It All!

...anyone need to buy a kidney?
kmunoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:21 PM   #1039
GM Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmunoz View Post
Now I want I Want It All!

...anyone need to buy a kidney?
Sorry, I only buy matched sets.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:30 PM   #1040
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Joe View Post
Sorry, I only buy matched sets.
I'll sell you both of mine.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy, fantasy