Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2019, 12:12 AM   #1
transmetahuman

Default Adventures in Journalism

Has anyone played a game where the PCs were a team of journalists? I'm thinking in terms of an alternate set of hypercompetent but basically mundane characters having their own "get the story" adventures for when too few players show up to play the main supers (well, people-with-powers) game, with both sets of characters in the same newly-Supers world.

Would you enjoy playing generally noncombatant investigative journalists? Would it be too boring or frustrating, especially in a world that has people with superpowers? Has anything like this been tried before?

I'm curious about all that, but my main reason for posting is to ask where I can find 4e templates for journalists and/or support personnel like cameramen, assuming any exist. Failing that, templates for vaguely similar professions. Failing that, would anyone (especially any of you with actual journalism experience) like to try their hand at coming up with some?
transmetahuman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journalists, noncombatant games, people with powers, supers, templates