Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 06-30-2018, 02:54 PM   #11
GlennDoren

Default Re: Suggested Stretch Goals from Sweden

I would agree any new programmed adventures are unlikely if the goal is to get the kickstarter relaunch completed asap.

And while some Kickstarter campaigns have multiple release phases (Wave 1 may be the initial game, Wave 2 may be stretch goals that come out 6 or 12 months after Wave 1, etc.), I don't envision SJG going this route. But I would support it if they did :)

Odds are, any new content would be a second and separate KS after they see initial market reaction.
GlennDoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:15 PM   #12
ParadoxGames

Two words:
Death Test
ParadoxGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:28 PM   #13
JLV

Actually, I think something like a Gloomhaven-style of AI for town/wilderness adventures would be simply beyond awesome; having said that, I suspect it would be as big a project as writing a new adventure the size of Tollenkar's Lair would be, so if it ever DOES happen, I'm guessing it will be its own kickstarter a year or so down the road... ;-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:41 PM   #14
GlennDoren

Agreed--a Gloomhaven-style product would be a big undertaking, and no doubt would be a "2nd wave" product if part of the first kickstarter. BUT... I think if such a thing was part of the kickstarter, it would add a LOT of additional momentum to the KS.
GlennDoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:46 PM   #15
JLV

I can't disagree! Adding a mechanism that would allow solo-play for campaigns (instead of "merely" programmed adventures) would be a HUGE plus to a whole bunch of us that periodically wind up playing solitaire (in my case, due to fairly frequent moves, for example).
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:49 PM   #16
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadoxGames View Post
Two words:
Death Test
Absolutely in the plans. We just have to see how far the project funding can stretch . . .

Also: Three weeks until the launch of The Fantasy Trip on Kickstarter.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #17
ak_aramis

I'm in the GM screen camp...

Also, a nice little set of 10mm or 12mm dice, reminiscent of the ones in the boxed versions of Melee and Wizard games would be nifty. say, 10 of them... I used some of that size just last night...

One of which, due to being the matte finish with dull slate-gray shallow pips, I'm reasonably certain is still with me from when I got into TFT in the 80's.

(SJG, GDW, and TSR tended to use 16mm dice; early on, they were the same matte with slate pips, but later got deeper pips with black paint. FGU included 10-12 mm d20's in Space Opera. MetaGaming and FGU made me a fan of small dice.)

And if enough to justify customization - have the 6 be "T F T T F T" instead of the pips. (Rotated so that the ones opposite the viewer are rightside up, and the near ones upside down.)
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:39 AM   #18
Rick_Smith

Default KS - Paying to decide what is on counter sheet.

Hi all,
I thought of another stretch goal. You add an extra counter sheet with a certain number of blank spaces. For example there might be...

-- 3x Wolf size counters, &
-- 10x human sized counters, &
-- 5x double sized counters, &
-- 3x 3 hex counters (straight), &
-- 2x 3 hex counters (triangle), &
-- 1x 4 hex counter, &
-- 1x 5 hex counter, &
-- 1x7 hex counter, &
-- 1x14 hex counter.

There is a limited number of special stretch goals. So the first three people who pay $150 get to pick what goes on the wolf sized counter. Where as someone might have to pay $1,250 to get to pick what goes on the 14 hex counter.

After the kickstarter is over, an artist draws up the final counter sheet. It is then printed and added to every copy. It these are priced right, the extra counter sheet will pay for itself.

(I think a 14 hex Skeletal Dragon Lich counter would be COOL...)

Warm regards, Rick.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 02:20 PM   #19
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

As I read this thread, I think our plans will please a lot of people.

Interesting idea re: custom counters. Not feasible for first release but worth remembering if we ever do a KS far enough in advance. Or if we plan a KS just for counters (and maybe a bestiary book) and build the extra art time into the schedule.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:16 PM   #20
tomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
Or if we plan a KS just for counters (and maybe a bestiary book) and build the extra art time into the schedule.
Flat counters feel very "TFT" to me, and I could never get enough. A bestiary with a counter for every entry would be awesome, with multiples where it makes sense (rats, wolves, tuskadillos, etc.)

Freedom of Speech is not Freedom of Podium
tomc is offline   Reply With Quote