Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 05-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
shinygm

Default Can I use GCA to make vehicles?

I've been searching for weeks for information about the limits of Character.I would like to use GCA to make things like starships and other vehicles. Is this possible? I would prefer if someone had already made templates, but either my search mojo is rusty or placement is obscure. I'm surprised not to find this under the FAQ.

If this is not possible, would another software project be in the offing?
Old 05-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: Can I use GCA to make vehicles?

You can certainly make Vehicles as characters using GCA. You can add appropriate traits to a character to give it vehicle-like abilities, from Wings to No Legs (Wheels) and the Machine meta-trait. However, these are characters, not vehicles. There are no rules for designing actual Vehicles in GURPS 4th Edition; even if there were GCA remains first and foremost a Character designing utility.

All that said, if you are interested in Vehicles you may want to check out the GURPS Spaceships line. Combined with the rules in Pyramid 3-34 Alternate GURPS you can make most larger vehicles with reasonable degrees of consistency. Using my GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet you can easily make most any design using those rules.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
shinygm

Default Re: Can I use GCA to make vehicles?

Quote:
All that said, if you are interested in Vehicles you may want to check out the GURPS Spaceships line. Combined with the rules in Pyramid 3-34 Alternate GURPS you can make most larger vehicles with reasonable degrees of consistency. Using my GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet you can easily make most any design using those rules.
Great! Thanks!

Tags
gca, gca4, templates, vehicles