Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 03-05-2020, 09:49 AM   #51
Michael Thayne

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Companion 2

No one is accusing SJGames of failing to make good on the promises in its Kickstarter. But having people get their PDFs at wildly different times is confusing regardless of what the originally promised delivery date date is.
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:21 AM   #52
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
No one is accusing SJGames of failing to make good on the promises in its Kickstarter. But having people get their PDFs at wildly different times is confusing regardless of what the originally promised delivery date date is.
We are a small team and the crew is working on it. We'll post an update when PDF fulfillment is complete.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 02:02 PM   #53
ravenfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
We are a small team and the crew is working on it. We'll post an update when PDF fulfillment is complete.
It just seems bizarre that (apparently) you are having to manually send out PDFs one at a time rather than being able to automatically generate a list from the Kickstarter data to which they could all be sent at a click of a button. I would think, with all the companies that are selling PDFs over Kickstarter, someone would have come up with a way to automate the process.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:48 PM   #54
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenfish View Post
It just seems bizarre that (apparently) you are having to manually send out PDFs one at a time rather than being able to automatically generate a list from the Kickstarter data to which they could all be sent at a click of a button. I would think, with all the companies that are selling PDFs over Kickstarter, someone would have come up with a way to automate the process.
* The Kickstarter fulfillment tools are not great.
* Many backers use different email addresses across different platforms.
* We get _several_ emails of "oh, thing X changed" which further makes it challenging.
* Multiple emails come in with "did I back project X?" which requires the crew to check the new email against the list of backers.
* It's not an easy process.

The team is working at it as best they can with the tools available. We'll post an update when fulfillment is complete.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 06:50 PM   #55
tbone

Thanks for the small peek behind the scenes, Phil. Like just about anything, I'm sure the process looks easier from the outside.

Down the road, I trust you'll also let us know when Amazon POD is available. I'm ready to finally give that a shot for this book.

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:26 PM   #56
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
* The Kickstarter fulfillment tools are not great.
* We get _several_ emails of "oh, thing X changed" which further makes it challenging.
* Multiple emails come in with "did I back project X?" which requires the crew to check the new email against the list of backers.
* It's not an easy process.

The team is working at it as best they can with the tools available. We'll post an update when fulfillment is complete.
All those are serious soakers of time and resources but ...

That one cannot be overestimated, Having to check different addresses, verify or match them against a W23 account is not really a trivial process. Its not technically difficult, its just manpower or time intensive. People who do not work with small underfunded staffs, especially public facing ones tend to underestimate these kinds of things. When I worked at a major company, I still had end users not following procedures waste development time. But we could count on most people using the tools, forms, and process we set up for our convenience and speed. Working with external customers and especially political groups where we had less control frequently saw massive increases in time to handle things.
FYI I got mine quickly, but I use the same email address in all SJG matters and was sure backerkit info matched my W23 info, even things like physical address which might not matter for electronic distribution but could for tax purposes.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:17 PM   #57
LokRobster

I’m really enjoying this book, and am enjoying the Delvers to Go character tie-ins as an ongoing theme.

I decided to go look up the pdf for it... took me awhile to find it! Turns out it’s in a zip file with the “DM Screen” , so I’ll have to download it next time I’m at my PC.

Any thought of offering the Delvers to Go as a separate pdf? If not, it’d be helpful for the GM Screen’s description to call out what the 2 16-pg booklets are. Searching “delvers” in warehouse 23 doesn’t turn up “Delvers to Go” anywhere in its results. And I can’t remember off-hand what the 2nd booklet even is :)
Old 03-07-2020, 06:50 AM   #58
DarbyMcD

But the link you posted goes to an update that says, and I quote " Dungeon Fantasy Companion 2 Fulfillment is Complete ".
DarbyMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 03:17 PM   #59
namada
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarbyMcD View Post
But the link you posted goes to an update that says, and I quote " Dungeon Fantasy Companion 2 Fulfillment is Complete ".
No, not for me, it's to the DFRPG GM Screen.
namada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 01:44 PM   #60
OldSam

Will the Companion 2 be available via Warehouse23 and/or Amazon or something like that after the kickstarter shipments are done etc.?
OldSam is offline   Reply With Quote