Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-16-2018, 07:05 AM   #11
Culture20

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#0): Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
Enhanced Move is the latest thread (#48). Writing it is what got me wondering if I should do threads for things like ST, DX, IQ, HT, Basic Speed, Basic Move, Etc.
They can be standard advantages, complete with limitations and enhancements (imagine a super strong mutant in an anti-mutant-power field).
Culture20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:09 AM   #12
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Enhanced Move is the latest thread (#48). Writing it is what got me wondering if I should do threads for things like ST, DX, IQ, HT, Basic Speed, Basic Move, Etc.
Ah, just the Basic Attributes and Secondary Characteristics then? Yeah, if you're inclined to do them, I'd say to do so after the advantages.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:36 PM   #13
Otaku

One of the sections I like to include is one that links to other threads (or even some useful, allowable, off-site material). However, this is very, very time consuming, so unless someone wants to try and persuade me otherwise, I'm going to simply allow people to suggest such things and then add them to the initial post.

I realize this seems pretty lazy, as even I find the lists of links I provide in these threads useful but I also know that it doubles, triples, or even further multiplies the time it takes to write these articles. I also am trying to be a bit more discriminating as to what I link; before I would settle for other discussions of the subject trait(s), but I realize now that many are often just about minutiae, and often still unsettled.
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:32 PM   #14
Otaku

Last week, I nearly postponed the BAoTW thread, as something had come up a few weeks ago and I was losing ground. I am still not fully recovered and was left with the choice of rushing through this week's or delaying it (possibly until next week).

Regardless of which outcome occurs, I am sorry that I wasn't more diligent in maintaining my schedule, and still greatly appreciate those who participate in these discussions. :)
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Old 03-25-2018, 07:33 PM   #15
Refplace

Quote:
Last week, I nearly postponed the BAoTW thread, as something had come up a few weeks ago and I was losing ground. I am still not fully recovered and was left with the choice of rushing through this week's or delaying it (possibly until next week).

Regardless of which outcome occurs, I am sorry that I wasn't more diligent in maintaining my schedule, and still greatly appreciate those who participate in these discussions. :)
Take care of yourself, schedule not nearly as important as your health.
And these and Johndalmans series are appreciated.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 12:43 AM   #16
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
And these and Johndalmans series are appreciated.
Can't say much more than ditto.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:46 AM   #17
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Definitely. I've skipped the occasional week without anyone being upset. People know this is a hobby, not a profession.
Quote:
And these and Johndallman's series are appreciated.
Thanks!
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:32 AM   #18
Otaku

I must also express my thanks, for giving me a better idea where I stand. I'm not the kind of person who is good at reading a situation.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:59 PM   #19
Otaku

Times like these remind me how... funny it is that I am a Hunter x Hunter fan. For those unfamiliar with the series, it is a manga whose author (Yoshihiro Togashi) has takes breaks so often it the series has been nicknamed Hiatus x Hiatus.

In other words, I've finally posted entry #48. Thank you for your incredible patience.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:10 PM   #20
Otaku

As has readily become apparent, I have fallen behind again. I am hoping to get something posted this weekend, but I also am badly behind helping a veteran friend type up his memoirs, so that has to take priority.

I mean, if I hadn't gotten sidetracked in the first place, neither would still be incomplete, so while my apologies aren't worth much, I am indeed sorry to disappoint.

Tags
advantage, advantage of the week, basic set, introduction