Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2016, 11:38 AM   #11
Lucian

Default Re: Swords and plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAllister View Post
You'll want to give +1 damage to everything in the axe/mace family in this case, because RAW one-handed axes hit no harder than swords, plus they're unbalanced. And if you bring one-handed axes up to sw+3 cut, there's no reason in the world to use a mace with sw+3 cr, so that should be sw+4. It's up to you whether or not to adjust the swing damage of things like staffs and polearms in this case.

The Great Axe is sw+4 cut and the Maul is sw+5 cr, compared to sw+3 for two-handed swords, so maybe those don't need to be adjusted. But if two handed weapons are only dealing one more point of damage than the one-handed version, why bother?

This may seem like a lot of damage buffs to be handing out, but if you're buffing armor, it should balance out.
I dont think ill have to adjust the stats of any weapons

Heres why:

An axe doesnt suffer from my edged weapons rules BECAUSE its point of impact, like a mace, is far more concentrated. The Swing is heavier its damage potential is alot more focused.

A Sword by comparison has virtually no power behind it compared to an axe, just a design of the weapon.

So with a Sword you get :
A harder time getting that cutting injury modifier going
but its easier to target chinks, and you get balanced weapon thats better for defense.

With an Axe when it penetrates armor, its concentrated force actually does make cutting contact. But its unbalanced, and less defensive, It also has a harder time targeting chinks.

---- I'd say that is fair no?

E-mail me if you have questions enniya.questions@gmail.com
Lucian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
armor, hema