Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-23-2019, 02:17 PM   #1
Yschnoe

Default SnowFlame

Hi there,

I am trying to figure out a character similar to Snowflame... and especially trying to make that "cocain touch" into game mechanics.
Any ideas?
Yschnoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 03:41 PM   #2
Sam Baughn

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and some other bits.
Default Re: SnowFlame

Powers has a couple of touch-based attacks, such as Deadly Skin and Stinging Skin. Most of the modifiers from those should apply.
The effect seems like an affliction. Immediate effects are likely to be something like Impulsiveness and Overconfidence. Longer-term ones (I guess these need to be a separate affliction... not sure if they can be combined with either link or follow-up) could include Bad Temper and Chronic Depression (as per the usual rules for stimulant withdrawal) and Insomniac. You may want to have secondary effects like Heart Attack or Addiction (Cocaine) in a cinematic game (which it probably is, if there are cocaine-themed superheroes).

So something like:
Affliction 1 (Always On, -20%; Aura, +80%; Contact Agent, -30%; Disadvantage, Impulsiveness and Overconfidence, +15%; Extended Duration, 10x, +40%; Melee Attack, -30%; Secondary Heart Attack, +60%) [22] + Affliction 1 (Always On, -20%; Aura, +80%; Contact Agent, -30%; Delay, Fixed, 6 Hours, +0%; Disadvantage, Bad Temper, Chronic Depression, and Mild Insomniac +35%; Extended Duration, 1,000x, +120%; Melee Attack, -30%; Secondary Disadvantage, Addiction, Cocaine, Very Expensive, Highly Addictive, Illegal, +5%) [26]
That's a pretty expensive package, but you will be very popular at parties...
Old 08-23-2019, 04:11 PM   #3
Refplace

FYI when asking things like this its good to give a bit of reference. Like is that a book, movie, or tv show? That helps people catch on faster and maybe get more responses, especially if the character is more obscure.
Glad you got an answer though.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:12 PM   #4
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yschnoe View Post
Hi there,

I am trying to figure out a character similar to Snowflame... and especially trying to make that "cocain touch" into game mechanics.
Any ideas?
A euphoria affliction. I note that GURPS already has such a character, Mama Coca. I think in the Wildcards scenario book.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:28 PM   #5
WingedKagouti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
FYI when asking things like this its good to give a bit of reference. Like is that a book, movie, or tv show? That helps people catch on faster and maybe get more responses, especially if the character is more obscure.
Glad you got an answer though.
Comic book, New Guardians #2. He became a bit of a meme in part due to this review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3vmVS5HoNs
WingedKagouti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:54 PM   #6
Gold & Appel Inc

The main effects of cocaine IRL are 1) to make you into an a-hole and 2) to make you want more cocaine, without a ceiling on either. Throw in superpowers and a preachy storyline and blend on medium.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote