Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 10-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #41
rkbrown419

Default Re: The GCA Repository (GCA file archive)

Another new file added, Gurps Wizards. an unofficial conversion of the templates from the third edition book Gurps Wizards to fourth edition. I have included all the templates from the book (except the Super Wizard bump up the point value of an existing template till you get a super version, you're on your own there). Several templates will require loading variant files to work properly (ritual magic, and clerical magic particularly) you will also need my Path/Book magic and Rune magic files for two of the templates. Which variant files are required are noted in the template descriptions. Also for many templates you will need to run a needs check on the spells due to GCA not always recognizing prerequisites as being fulfilled from the auto added spells for spells in lenses or on pick lists although I have made an effort to make sure all prerequisites have been met (except for the add x points of other spells, you're on your own there too).
rkbrown419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:58 PM   #42
tmedwards

Small site update to make the new and updated feeds more visible.

GCA4 resources: GCA Repository, Phoenix (r66), GMCS (2.17), Bookish (r12)
tmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #43
rkbrown419

I've added a file of templates converted from the 3e book Gurps Warriors. Several templates in the book ended up as multiple templates in the file due to variation for TL or lenses that work better as seperate templates in GCA. I have also fleshed out a few items mentioned in the text that didn't get full treatment as temlates, the High Tech Knight and Island Barbarian for example.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #44
rkbrown419

I've updated my Path/Book Magic file to work with the newest udated of GCA. the Rune magic file works without need for update.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:43 AM   #45
tmedwards

Pushed a small site update, internal stuff for the most part, however, there were a few interesting changes (for content publishers): file archives must now select an associated GCA file type and added support for the 7-zip format.

A larger update will be coming sometime within the next few days.

GCA4 resources: GCA Repository, Phoenix (r66), GMCS (2.17), Bookish (r12)
tmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #46
Stoob

Hey I really like Pheonix a lot, especially the Greyscale. thanks.

I wanted to ask if anyone associated with the GCA archive would be interested in Beta Testing the GURPS character archive that I made.

GCA is a supported filetype, although other filetypes are allowed as well, namely PDF.

http://www.gurpscharacter.com
Stoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #47
H.Tweed

Hi all,

It's been a long while since I posted anything here.

To help me learn how to edit GCA code I've made templates of the 13 Martial Art Styles from Martial Arts Gladiators.
This was my first attempt at GCA coding. It looks to work fine but I'd appreciate it if anybody can tell me of any errors I've made or how I can make it better.

The files can be found at the GCA Repository:
http://www.motoslave.net/gcarepo/view.php?pkgid=48

This is a work in progress. I hope to complete the equipment and character Templates next.

Andy

Last edited by H.Tweed; 03-14-2010 at 04:20 PM.
H.Tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #48
Daeglan

I added the FN FAL Para from Hightech and created the Springfield XD tactical .45
Daeglan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:31 PM   #49
rkbrown419

Just added a new file Gurps Rogues. unofficial conversions of the files in the third edition book.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:10 AM   #50
RobKamm

I just cobbled together and uploaded a variant of the Imbuements 2: Perks file. This version removes all traits that use the Magic system. Games that do not incorporate magic may find this one easier to use than the regular Imbuements file.

I deliberately left Magic School Familiarity in there because that Perk does not require an actual working magical system to be useful. Campaigns that don't even have that much can delete that trait individually.
RobKamm is offline   Reply With Quote