Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #11
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: Crouching Kitten Hidden Tomcat

Sadly, our cat, Fireball the irritable tortie, spent all of her myriad of mental disadvantage points on the ability to teleport when no one is looking.

It's gotten to the point that if I wasn't an absolute atheist, I would actually swear her ability was REAL.
The blanket is flat but askew, so I flip it up and notice a supposedly sleeping cat underneath. I let the blanket fall, and NOW there's a nice sized cat bump. Creepy.
Flyndaran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:04 PM   #12
LynGrey

Hey we got two cats here. Meowzor and Cleocatra. Meowzor is the elder by one year 10lbs, Cleo is significatly smaller at 9 lbs.

When they fight i like to watch and encourage and try to train them... ie) reward them treats when they score a take down, or advancement to superior position. or i'll rough around with them you and stuff.. well cleo is game.. meowzor doesn't want anything with me haha.

But i've trained cleo how to ankle pick, and i've seen her use it on meowzor haha! Also i've seen them constantly use a neck tie... ie) muay thai, and i see this in a lot of animals... i would definitly give them a neck control perk.

I do love the cat itimidation technique, but in my household it ends up with some scrappage.. and alot of running away. Cleo is a tactictian she'll run around a corner and when meowzor comes across... WHAM! a take down and swipe. Also with Meowzor gets all starry at Cleo.. Cleo just swats her in the nose and she stops.

Either way..cats can be trained =)
LynGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #13
Phantasm

I had one cat, a gray tabby appropriately enough named Pixel, who would beat you down the only flight of stairs in the house without being seen. You'd be upstairs with her, head down the stairs, and she'd come waltzing into the landing at the bottom of the stairs from a side room.

If I had to rate her ability, Invisibility Art and/or Warp would be a necessity. She didn't get into many fights, being subservient to Gizmo, the large-eared calico who ran the house.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #14
AOTA

Interesting stuff that could be used in my GURPS Woof, Meow game.
Mib#3477
Formally Bobzilla
GURPS Checker for Prime Directive
AOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:59 PM   #15
Witchking

Spooky (in full Spooky Thomas Kosh) 10 months old 9 lbs M
Wrestling (to cover Grapple/Bite)
No Striking ability other than DX defaults
Lizard Climb
Pacifism-Self Defense Only
Gregarious
Emily (in full Emily Eowyn Kosh) 6 years old 12 lbs F
No Wrestling ability other than DX defaults
Karate for striking
Intimidation Big Time
Bad Temper
Loner

They are fun but are having to adjust to my being at work 40 hrs a week now...
Old 06-03-2008, 04:06 PM   #16
tg_ambro

I once had this large ninja tabby, interesting story, my dad saved him as a tiny kitten, and my sis nursed him back to health, and my brother and i trained him to fight, climb under difficult situations ect.
Well, the two most interesting things he did, aside from Sonic like speed, was this thing, where he'd like eyes with a cat and kinda use hyponosis on them, because after a few mins of this, he'd tilt his head and knock them down.
Then, he could fight in his sleep, i had a dog that was always sparring with him in his sleep. it was pretty cool.
tg_ambro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #17
RobKamm

Intimidation should be an optional skill. And a teleport knack might also be in order. The story:

My old cat was a body-slam, bite-the-throat kind of cat. He would paw-fence with his sister, but any other cat's owner would get nervous. Anyway, I once saw him giving chase to two german shepards (one police trained). Sadly they got caught in a dead-end and turned around.

Somehow he managed to get 40' (I know because that was the lowest branch) up a tree about 80' (opposite side of the house) away in roughly two seconds.
RobKamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:21 PM   #18
Mgellis

I'm very disappointed. I thought this thread was going to be about a cute kitten who can shapeshift into an F-14.

Mark
Mgellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:43 PM   #19
tshiggins

My sister had a cat, DC, that she found at the bottom of a metal trashcan. The cat was only about two months old and weighed less than two pounds. By six months old, she had reached nearly five pounds, but was still a scrawny little thing.

One of the families across the street had a big, sloppy boxer-shepherd mix named Luther. Looked like a Luther, too. All thick-bodied and brawny. Weighed 90 lbs, easy.

Luther ran around loose in the neighborhood, as he was sort of a happy-go-lucky fellow who never hurt anybody. He never left the street, though, which was a little dirt-road subdivision in Lakewood, just off 20th Avenue and Estes.

So, my sister came outside one summer day, and the kitten came along with her. My sister went to the back yard to get something for my mom, and DC went and sat by the big tree at the end of the driveway.

Luther saw her, there, and decided to come galumphing across the road to give her the once-over sniff. My mom, who saw the whole thing, thought she was about to see DC become a light snack.

However, DC had other ideas. The kitten saw Luther coming, cooly waited for him to get close, puffed fur, stood up on her hind legs, popped claws and laid open his nose in a single swipe. Huge cut.

Poor Luther yiped, tucked tail, ran for home and bled all over the neighbor's kitchen floor.

Cat ran the whole neighborhood before she was a year old.

I'm thinking Karate and Unfazeable, at least.
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:54 PM   #20
Voidstar

Hmm... I have a cat I'd like to stat but I'm assuming this is a bad temper trait.

The cat in question, Tigger is a long thin 12 lbs cat with a innocent kitten personality. This changes when Angry... he get verys Angry.

His opponent Hairy is a 20+ lbs main coon cat with a very dominant personality, he's The "Man". In a normal situation he wails on Tigger who will meekly back down... except when slighted and he decides that he really is Angry...

At this point he slams Hairy, does the double slap and lets out the Kitty Death scream. Hairy (whos very hairy) takes the slaps with a shake off and then becomes very confused because of the Kitty Death scream. He seems dazed and then realizes he's oversteped being the "Man". After that he must maintain a watch for the Tigger is Angry and Vendictive and will reattack if angered too quickly again.

Theres a real Crazy Angry component to this little cat... It's a fair bit more than attitude... He really thinks he's the big bad kitty while Angry.

Last edited by Voidstar; 06-03-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Voidstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combat cats, paw-fu