Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 08-28-2004, 08:17 PM   #1
Lucius Drake

Default In Nomine: Favorite Character.

Afternoon all. You should have known this was coming, so go ahead - let us know what your favorite IN character has been, and why!

(Dr T. Jackson - Let's keep this to PCs, shall we? :P)

My all-time favorite In Nomine character has been Hiram, Seraph Friend of the Sages. He is a very philosophical, very intellectual, highly heretical Seraph. Fairly typical for a Seraph of Destiny, up until the Heresy. His beliefs are what make him so much fun to play, and his responses to common things.
Hiram Goldberg is the owner/manager of the Liberty Theater in NYC and is trying to get together a cast and crew to perform Oedipus Rex, followed by other morality plays. He is the highest ranking member of the group he hangs out with (previously to his dismay), and is only just getting used to the authority that he bears.

Come on, folks - give us your favorites...
Old 08-28-2004, 08:53 PM   #2
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Re: In Nomine: Favorite Character.

Does the favorite character have to be one's own character?

Because I really, really, really love Hitherby, from Fiat Justitia...
Old 08-28-2004, 09:31 PM   #3
Lucius Drake

I suppose not, but out of interest I would also like to know which of your own characters is your favorite.

(So when Dr T. Jackson catches up, yes, you can put in a certain "T" :>)
Old 08-29-2004, 05:13 AM   #4
harlecerule

My characters? Does it have to be someone I made up, or can it be a canon character I just so happen to play?

If the former, hm. Possibly Perudiah, my Habbalite Shepherd and Knight of Kleptos, who DIed an Emptiness backlash dissonance roll, but stays demon because as a Shepherd, he's situated to deliver Renegades to Heaven? Or maybe Hiel, Malakite of Creation IST Fire, AKA God's Chewtoy (13 DIs, 25 game sessions - beat that)?

If the latter, then, hands down, Eli. :) As much fun as Wrench and Zenan are, Eli tops them by miles.

(Yes, I play him as a player, not a GM.)
If there was a rock and a windowpane
Who'd throw stones, who'd walk away?
harlecerule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 07:44 AM   #5
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius Drake
I suppose not, but out of interest I would also like to know which of your own characters is your favorite.
Hmmm. Probably Jordan, Seraph of Judgment. He's a fic character, but I did up a character sheet for him and then wound up guest-NPCing him on Fiat Justitia.

Seraphim of Judgment with 5 CelForces are Just So Wonderfully Munchkin with their resonance. O:>
Old 08-29-2004, 03:49 PM   #6
ScaredofScissors

Marty the one-handed mummy. Always coming up with a scam to escape the fallout of his previous scam. Always playing the angle and switching sides more times than Alcibiades. Always sounding just pathetic and plausible enough that my players don't have the heart to kill him...
ScaredofScissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 07:40 PM   #7
Dr T. Jackson

As far as PC's are concerned, my all time favourite PC would have to be:

Eryiel, Malakite of Fire, The Angel of Torment. At the time I retired him (around 800 XP totalled, all game time.) he was a Friend of the Divine Spark with 15 Forces, even split.

Eryiel's Word is what made him so much fun to play. At around the "middle" of his career (he's been alive since Creation, was a Cherub of Purity, Fledged after Gabriel's trial) he was serving Gabriel as a Cherub. He was constantly pained by Gabriel's suffering and after her exile oathbound himself (as a Virtue) to ease her suffering by any means he could. He quested and fought and eventually became the Angel of Torment. Upon taking the Word, a small facet of Gabriel's insanity transferred to him, thus easing the burden on her. A small amount to Gabriel, a massive amount to Eryiel.... who went insane. He bears a Discord called Tormented, which inflicts random Ethereal Discord effects upon him, making him a very dangerous Angel. But he is also invaluable to Gabriel. The small amount of pain he relieves off her allows her some small respite from the pain of Word conflict.

Now he's an NPC, Master of The Flame of Heaven, 16 Forces (1 extra Celestial) and the General of Gabriel's army, taking his orders from Soldekai. Now he's accustomed to his insanity and can often surpress it for a short while. But he is still highly volitile. But a brilliant strategist, devising tactics and plans out of his link to the prophet herself.

As far as NPCs who have always been NPCs are concerned... well, that would have to be Dr Jackson, wouldn't it.....
Old 08-29-2004, 07:51 PM   #8
Dr T. Jackson

As far as other peoples' characters are concerned...

I always like the interactions between Liz and Damien from Fiat Justita. Liz being the cool character... Damien I always found too "Anakin skywalker wingey". But that's just me.

The Hitomi/Chuck dialogues from Mr Drake's Demonic campaign were priceless. (I was PCing Hitomi but the guy who played Chuck did an excellent job)

Then the Elise/Chuck dialogues from the same game..... (again, I was PCing Elise... different character, same awesome conversations.)

The .44 Calibur Angel story was stone cold cool.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:16 AM   #9
Lucius Drake

Lucius - Former Balseraph of the War, now a Balseraph of ?Fate? (Bwahahahahahahaha - ahem. Sorry) Brooding, violent, dedicated to the cause of Hell. Quite a nasty piece of work. Almost absolutely selfless (compared to any other Balseraph) in his devotion to Lucifer's Rebellion (he fell a couple of thousand years ago, but lives and breathes the glory of The Fall. He is also very honorable, relatively speaking. Oh, and totally, completely evil. With a capital "BWAHAHAHA - I will destroy your soul!" :)

I have enjoyed other people's characters over the years too. Some of my favorites include:

Christopholus - Malakite of Judgement. Very stern, very angry. Toes the Malakite line quite well. Known to say "Save your lies for the father of lies - WORM" in very stentorian tones. Part of a Triad of Execution. Serves the Inquisition.

Elan - Kyriotate of Stone. World's favorite singing & dancing rat. Loves pigeons (bless 'em).

Heck, all the characters in our regular game are great, but I think that to name any would require me to name all of them, so I won't.
Old 09-05-2004, 04:18 AM   #10
Nevyn

Ahh yes, the immortal Hitomi and Chuck dialogues. I had too much fun playing Chuck/Cthutaar when he served the other side.

Chuck was a Djinn of The War before he redeemed and became a Cherub of War and changed his name to Churinai. He's a lot of fun. Not because of the fact that he's an absolute terror in any combat situation, and demons do well to stay well away from him, but because he's constantly fighting with his own moral dilemmas.

The poor guy hasn't been a Cherub for long, and the fact that he has loyalties to quite a large number of people (not the least of which a Lilim of the Media) is really going to come and bite him hard when he has to choose between said loyalties.

Poor guy.