Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 08-21-2004, 06:52 PM   #1
Cyst13

Default How many IN gamers are goths?

If you game In Nomine, do you consider yourself to be a goth in real life? Do you also play Vampire or Werewolf? Is your closet primarily black?
Cyst13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 07:13 PM   #2
fadethecat

Default Re: How many IN gamers are goths?

Ah, those were the days. Back when we sacked Rome and--

No, wait, wrong kind of goth.

My wardrobe is largely black, but that's mostly because that way it doesn't clash with whatever color my hair is this month. I wouldn't know how to goth if I had an instruction manual, much less on my own. I'm not entirely sure what that has to do with In Nomine, but as long as you're asking about In Nomine players who are also goths... That would not be me! (I'm also slightly confused. Consider yourself to be a goth in real life? Do some people simply roleplay goths when they're not? Now I'm trying to picture a goth Cherub. It's not working very well.)

Though I would rather like to sack a city, some day. Sounds like fun.
Old 08-21-2004, 07:25 PM   #3
bazzalisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadethecat
(I'm also slightly confused. Consider yourself to be a goth in real life? Do some people simply roleplay goths when they're not? Now I'm trying to picture a goth Cherub. It's not working very well.)
A Goth Malakite could work quite well though.
bazzalisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 09:17 PM   #4
Jennifer

I am the anti-goth.
No matter how much black I wear, no matter how pallid my skin, I always give off an "Aesthetic? What's that?" vibe.

The World of Darkness doesn't really work for me; I'm not much for angst in my gaming. I'm more into cheerfully ruthless pragmatism.
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 10:44 PM   #5
cappadocius

I'm not a goth.

I own Vampire and Werewolf, played Vampire a long time ago.

My closet is about a third black, a third white, and a third visible spectrum.
cappadocius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 03:29 AM   #6
Lucius Drake

Plenty of emotional trauma etc... but who doesn't get that? Nope, no Gothness here. Most goth gamers I know are World of Darkness players, and that's fine for the angsty, dark games that a lot of people like. Having said that, I have seen (or at least heard of) cheerful WW gaming groups!

My wardrobe has black in it, because I look good in neutral colours. Black, white, grey, subdued colours (blues, greens, brown, in natural tones mostly).

Everything in the spectrum really, including the fabled dirt wavelength of the spectrum, provided it's not bright or stains easily :)

I know a lot of people who wear a lot of black, but mostly (again) because it looks good.

I think servitors of Gabriel would make good goths, particularly Mercurians - who fit into the social circle to help people and prevent them doing harm to themselves. That and servitors of Beleth.
Old 08-22-2004, 05:10 AM   #7
hughborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappadocius
I'm not a goth.
And yet your screen name is "Cappadocius"?

(Kidding)

Not a goth, but I sure can dress up like one! Sometimes enjoy the music, have gone to the clubs, plenty of gothy friends. But I like lots of non-gothy, and even non-geeky, stuff too. I've played many of the WW games (incl. Vampire, Werewolf, and Mage), but I play lots of other stuff too.

Just part of the broad spectrum of things...
hughborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 08:26 AM   #8
ScaredofScissors

Can't say that anyone I've ever played In Nomine with has been a goth, and only two have ever worn a lot of black.
ScaredofScissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:32 AM   #9
sjard
Stick in the Mud

I can't say that i've ever played with any of the modern goths, most of the players i've encountered were far to clean shaven with their hair high and tight. except me. no, i'm not a goth, i just hate shaving and i think my last haircut was six years ago. the few goth gamers i've met tend to go out of their way to avoid anything with any sort of religious tones to it.
MIB #1457
sjard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta