Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-13-2016, 12:58 PM   #81
Wavefunction

Default Re: GURB- The Generic Unoriginal Roleplaying Blog

I'd love to see you write a complete weapon design system. Hell, if you want to write GURPS 4e Vehicles then that'd be great as well. :p
Wavefunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 01:31 PM   #82
Kalzazz

This round would pretty much atomize a heavy battlesuit

On general issue 'give everyone one' anti battlesuit weapons I've had my UT militaries hand .41 double deringers out to everyone with 10mm HEMP

If I use these rules this will not be very feasible but that may be a good thing
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:40 PM   #83
apoc527

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ryujin View Post
Thank you so much guys. This positivity is very appreciated, especially right now heh.
You deserve every word of praise for this stuff. It's great!

Quote:
@apoc527: I think I can put that on the to do list. I think David accidentally used the predictions for 2nd gen ETC for the TL9 one when it probably should of been the TL10 version. I think Gen 1 ETC tech is closer to a +P round in terms of power. They should also increase felt recoil and there for the weapons ST stat as well. Of course more then likely for small arms they'll be used to fire a round a the same velocity as modern rounds or only slightly faster and only really use to make the round lighter and smaller.
In Tactical Shooting: Tomorrow (Pyramid #3/55), HANS posits that ETC guns should have ST increased by x1.2. So there's a published precedent for your idea. At any rate, I'd like to see TL9 and TL10 versions as separate. I use a house rule that gives ETC basically x1.3 damage instead of x1.5, but I'm curious what you come up with!

Currently Playing: GURPS Banestorm: The Symmetry of Darkness

Inactive:
Star*Drive: 2525-Hunting for Fun and Profit
My THS Campaign-In the Shadows of Venus
Yrth--The Legend Begins
The XCOM Apocalypse
apoc527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:32 PM   #84
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavefunction View Post
I'd love to see you write a complete weapon design system. Hell, if you want to write GURPS 4e Vehicles then that'd be great as well. :p
A full weapon design system would take a while but I am slowly reverse engineering how GURPS assigns gun stats. On my to do list atm is a missile design system.

As for vehicles.... Well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
This round would pretty much atomize a heavy battle-suit
This is an artifact of my original plan to duel post this with an write up for how to stat up explosive reactive armor, but then life happened. I should have the reactive armor post up tomorrow or Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoc527 View Post
You deserve every word of praise for this stuff. It's great!

In Tactical Shooting: Tomorrow (Pyramid #3/55), HANS posits that ETC guns should have ST increased by x1.2. So there's a published precedent for your idea. At any rate, I'd like to see TL9 and TL10 versions as separate. I use a house rule that gives ETC basically x1.3 damage instead of x1.5, but I'm curious what you come up with!
Thanks, it's still all a bit humbling. I never thought I'd get this kind of reception.

But yeah I can bump ETC up on my to do lists.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:18 AM   #85
The_Ryujin

In my last post I showed you guys how to stat up HEAT rounds, which is great if you're up against heavy armor.... but what if you're the one in the heavy armor?

Well in that case, it's time for your armor to get a little reactionary!

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
Old 10-17-2016, 11:10 AM   #86
Kalzazz

Is there anything preventing you from sticking a shaft on your HEAT warhead and throwing it like a javelin?
Old 10-18-2016, 08:02 PM   #87
The_Ryujin

A few posts ago I came up with a design system for making your own Passive Visual Sensors. Today I tackle Active Sensors in a new format called Ultra-Tech Quickies wear I tackle gear that only takes a page or two to stat up!

So do you got some bogeys you need to Fox Three but don't have the Active Sensors you need? Then click the link to see how you can design your own!

Quote:
Is there anything preventing you from sticking a shaft on your HEAT warhead and throwing it like a javelin?
Outside of needing one hell of an arm and you'd might need to add a counter weight to rebalance it, not really.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:22 PM   #88
Kalzazz

Well, a ST 10 person could hurl a spear a good 15 yards if they didn't mind the whole 'past 1/2 D range'

That isn't hugely shorter range than the earlier panzerfausts

Interestingly a SM+1 heavy battlesuit could hurl a SM+1 HEAT javelin (loading the 110mm warhead specified earlier, but now on a javelin since we are SM+1) a hearty 75yds or so!

Presumably give the HEAT spear a collapsible shaft like a collapsible baton so it is easier to carry, then draw it, expand it (possibly arming it at the same time), then lob it at your friendly enemy armor

Admittedly this does rely on getting close to the enemy, but you could certainly hand out more HEAT spears than over the shoulder fired rockets if you could figure out how to make them with lightweight shafts (since rocket launchers definitely are not light)

And infantry attacking armor has quite often favored close combat from early attempts at nearly melee range efforts with satchel charges and Molotov cocktails
Old 10-18-2016, 08:37 PM   #89
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Well, a ST 10 person could hurl a spear a good 15 yards if they didn't mind the whole 'past 1/2 D range'

That isn't hugely shorter range than the earlier panzerfausts

Interestingly a SM+1 heavy battlesuit could hurl a SM+1 HEAT javelin (loading the 110mm warhead specified earlier, but now on a javelin since we are SM+1) a hearty 75yds or so!

Presumably give the HEAT spear a collapsible shaft like a collapsible baton so it is easier to carry, then draw it, expand it (possibly arming it at the same time), then lob it at your friendly enemy armor

Admittedly this does rely on getting close to the enemy, but you could certainly hand out more HEAT spears than over the shoulder fired rockets if you could figure out how to make them with lightweight shafts (since rocket launchers definitely are not light)

And infantry attacking armor has quite often favored close combat from early attempts at nearly melee range efforts with satchel charges and Molotov cocktails
It is doable, especially in a battleshit where the blast effect is less of an issue, and I can totally see this being a thing in a 40K style game heh.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:08 PM   #90
Kalzazz

Given how explosions work in GURPS, I would be much happier to deal with a 6d x3 explosion 2 yards away from me than a still functioning enemy battlesuit 2 yards away from me given the choice, especially if I have any armor at all . . . the explosion I expect to deal damage within the realm of TL 10 first aid (or at the very least a couple days at the local med station), the enemy battlesuit . . . not so much

A 6dx3 explosion does 63 damage . . to whatever is struck by it. Two yards away divide it by 6, round down . . so 10. Against torso armor, which at TL 10 might be Nanoweave, so 6 vs crushing, so 4 damage

TL 10 first aid might well fix that right up . . . and even if you get unlucky, its still probably better than having an enemy battlesuit right next to you!

Given that WWII lunge mines were considered suicide weapons I admit the idea of trying to stab someone in melee range with a HEAT spear does seem a very dubious proposition though

Tags
blog, blogs, gurps day