Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #91
Refplace

Default Re: The 2013 e23 Releases and Speculation Thread

Just got home and read the Journal then ran here and see others already posted about it. We definately love our GURPS news.
Seems odd though as it just moved into prepress at the end of the year and I thought other items already were at that level.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 01-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #92
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Just got home and read the Journal then ran here and see others already posted about it. We definately love our GURPS news.
Seems odd though as it just moved into prepress at the end of the year and I thought other items already were at that level.
I have no life and check the forums like 3 times per day. I have no excuse. >_<

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:31 PM   #93
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
It's not a queue. If some things look to move quicker than others, we can prioritize them rather than making them wait behind bottlenecks.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Old 01-19-2013, 12:39 AM   #94
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
It's not a queue. If some things look to move quicker than others, we can prioritize them rather than making them wait behind bottlenecks.
Good point. I would have thought Technical Grappling or Thaumatology Elemental powers would also be considered quick movers though.
RPM probably will beat all of the above but I dont recall where it was in the process.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 01-19-2013, 04:08 AM   #95
RogerBW

Quote:
Good point. I would have thought Technical Grappling or Thaumatology Elemental powers would also be considered quick movers though.
As a very rough guide, the more rules-crunchy something is, the longer it'll take to edit. (And editing effort goes up as something like the 1.5 power of length, because you have to check for consistency with everything else in the book.) So a short book that's largely setting material may very well overtake a longer one that's largely crunch...
Old 01-19-2013, 06:02 AM   #96
whswhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBW View Post
As a very rough guide, the more rules-crunchy something is, the longer it'll take to edit. (And editing effort goes up as something like the 1.5 power of length, because you have to check for consistency with everything else in the book.) So a short book that's largely setting material may very well overtake a longer one that's largely crunch...
Except that that part of the edit has already taken place with Chinese Elemental Powers. What's holding it up now is probably later phases in the production process.

Bill Stoddard
Old 01-19-2013, 06:21 AM   #97
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
Except that that part of the edit has already taken place with Chinese Elemental Powers. What's holding it up now is probably later phases in the production process.

Bill Stoddard
Same with TG. There's another book that I know is basically done except for the latest-stage stuff.

I think what were looking at is quite simply that "Whatever," by Bill Stoddard is a better bet than first-timer projects on many levels. They know what to expect from a WHS manuscript in the final stages, and that makes it very efficient to move his stuff through.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #98
PK

Y'all are actually overthinking this too much.

Underground Adventures moved forward because the art/maps/diagrams for it came in. That isn't the case for a few of the other books. (Or it is the case, but something else is holding them up.) That means final layout could be done, which means moving one step closer to release.

That's all, really. It wasn't a conscious choice to move Bill's project ahead of Doug's or anything to that effect. We wouldn't have contracted Technical Grappling if we didn't think it'd sell well, after all. :)

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
Old 01-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #99
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
Y'all are actually overthinking this too much.

Underground Adventures moved forward because the art/maps/diagrams for it came in. That isn't the case for a few of the other books. (Or it is the case, but something else is holding them up.) That means final layout could be done, which means moving one step closer to release.
Ah its a definition problem :)
I think of Prepress as ready to be printed and waiting on the printer or to be sent to them in the case of an actual physical copy.

Edit: Or looking at the front page my memory could be wrong. The others mentioned are in preproduction not prepress. Thought I read those books were in prepress but may have been wrong.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 01-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #100
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Upcoming GURPS Books
Final Draft
-GURPS Vehicle Design (by David Pulver; being discussed by Kromm as of January 7th, 2011; major revised draft undergoing extensive playtest and multiple revisions as of December 30th, 2010; final draft in early 2011 probable; final problems solved and possible book expected in mid-2013; David Pulver plans on "devoting time" to this book)
There's a more recent update for this book here: http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=65
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
Closed Thread

Tags
2013, e23, speculation