Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-27-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
bahamutal

Default Munchkin Chthulu Crazed Caverns

Hey all,

I have a question about one of the dungeon cards from this set. It states that "Winning combat gets you an extra +1 to your level."

Does this include every munchkin participating in that combat? IE. Friend A needed help from Friend B and they killed the monster. Friend A now gets 3 levels, does Friend B also get 1 level or because helpers are ineligible for levels regularly, does Friend B not get a level?
bahamutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:28 AM   #2
SmokeRulz

Default Re: Munchkin Chthulu Crazed Caverns

The card says it grants an extra +1 to the levels you gain from the combat, so I'd imagine that assumes you're actually gaining levels from the combat. If the helper is not gaining levels from the combat (which is likely), then I don't imagine this card is granting him an "extra +1" to levels he's not gaining. I'm not certain of this, though, that's just how I interpret the wording. Wait for one of the mods to answer.
Apocalypse: 1-2, supplements
Legends: 1
SmokeRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
bahamutal

That is what I figured. But the wording on the card says, For winning combat you get the tablets of (dont remember the exact name) which grants you +1 level.

I'm wondering if this wording clears it up a bit more. I just want to clarify as to whether or not anyone assisting the turn players combat, gets this level or not.

Thanks for all help and information!
Old 03-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #4
PK

Here, just so everyone can stop guessing at the specific card text:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubbo-Sathla's Underworld
Winning a combat in this Dungeon grants you the fabled Tablets of Ubbo-Sathla. Take these tablets immediately and go up an extra level. This can be the winning level.
After reading it, I'm not really sure what the intent was either way. "Tablets" is a plural noun, so it could be argued that one player or that both players get them. And "extra" isn't a limiter, since going from +0 levels to +1 level is getting an "extra level." But I'm leaning toward the player whose turn it is is the only one who gets the extra level; it feels like the intent of the card, even if I can't point to any one thing to prove it.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #5
MunchkinMan

The only one who would, normally, be getting a Level is the main combatant. All rewards of combat go to the player whose turn it is. If he has a helper, he must give some of those rewards, in the form of actual Treasure cards, to his helper based on the arrangements they made. The main combatant can't give the Tablets of Ubbo-Sathla to his helper, nor can the helper claim he's due his own dose, since they are not an actual Treasure card.
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 03-27-2011 at 12:48 PM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
bahamutal

Awesome!

Thanks for the clarification and all the info!

Tags
crazed caverns, munchkin cthulhu