Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
admiraltee

Default Nightfall - contact from sponsor?

Hi all,

I recently bought the Designers Edition, retail version, and love it.
So much so that I bought the Nihon, BGG and Nightfall sheets on the same day, 8th Jan.

The Nihon and BGG sponsors responded within a day or two advising of the payment reciept and that the items are ready for shipping. A short time later, these were delivered :)

However, I've heard nothing from the Nightfall sponsor about any delays, when it will be shipped, even recognition of the order. Nothing besides the PayPal advice saying that the amount has been deducted from my CC.

On the 20th Jan (12 days later) and 31st Jan I sent emails asking if they have received payment, when delivery will be - or even just a response advising of any delays etc.

I have trawled through this forum and it seems like there is some delay - though up to date info isn't easy to find and its not on the sponsors website either...

I think I am justified in being a little worried and I have resorted to posting on this forum in the hopes that I can get a response from the sponsor about what's happening with my order (have I ordered before it was sold out; has a sheet been allocated, etc) and a general update on the status of this.

Tee
Old 02-11-2014, 09:08 PM   #2
offsides

Default Re: Nightfall - contact from sponsor?

http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=22

Note to mods: this should probably be stickied.
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
Old 02-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #3
admiraltee

Thanks offsides.

I'm fine with the delay - but as far as i know I haven't even received an invoice showing that I've got a copy of the Nightfall set...
That's all I'm after - just a bit of customer service.

Tee
Old 02-13-2014, 03:59 PM   #4
AstralWanderer

Garry McBride is still active (creating an RPG project on Kickstarter seems to be the best way to get his attention judging from Throne of Night KS comments).

However given his unwillingness to communicate with paying customers (and the increasing PR impact of it) perhaps SJGames should consider removing its link to his website (on the sponsored counters page) until more clarification on order fulfillment is given?
Old 02-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #5
Tennberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiraltee View Post
Thanks offsides.

I'm fine with the delay - but as far as i know I haven't even received an invoice showing that I've got a copy of the Nightfall set...
That's all I'm after - just a bit of customer service.

Tee
I'm fine with delays as well as long as there is some update from someone associated with it as to the cause of those delays. If he's still getting stuff together, great, just let us know. If he's completely abandoned it, let us know as well.

I checked my PayPal history and saw that I purchased two sets of Nightfall back in July 2012. Nearly 19 months later and there's still no product in hand. March is fast approaching and it seems no one knows what's going on. It makes me hesitant to pick up the Barbarians at the Gate, Strategic and Tactical Objectives, and Uncommon Ogres sheets once purchasing options for those are available.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #6
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennberg View Post
It makes me hesitant to pick up the Barbarians at the Gate, Strategic and Tactical Objectives, and Uncommon Ogres sheets once purchasing options for those are available.
I would not make decisions about other sets based on the activities (or inactivity) of a single sponsor. They are completely unrelated to each other and for what it's worth, Drew (BatG) is very vocal and is excellent at keeping people updated. He is currently working with Tiffin Games (SaTO) to work out some details to help with people on either side of the Atlantic to get the sheets in a more reasonable fashion. As for Uncommon Ogres, they haven't even started with ordering, so the only people currently out any money are themselves and nobody has a right to complain about them not being available.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:41 AM   #7
AstralWanderer

I'd agree with GranitePenguin - the failings of one sponsor should not be taken as an indicator of others. BGG and Thirdpower have done a sterling job of getting their sheets out and while Barbarians/SaTO have taken longer, they've both provided updates (and a refund option on pre-orders for Barbarians).

Uncommon Ogres seem to have gone AWOL (didn't even know an Ogre was capable of that...) but with no pre-orders, there's little reason to complain.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:48 AM   #8
GreyHart

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralWanderer View Post
Uncommon Ogres seem to have gone AWOL (didn't even know an Ogre was capable of that...)
Amazing what a cybertank can do when it puts it's AI mind to it, isn't it?

I'd have to say I'm a bit frustrated too with the lack of information/updates on Nightfall. BatG, BGG and Nihon sponsors have done a bang up job keeping those of us who pre-ordered updated, it would be nice if FMG would take some time to do the same.

I've currently pre-ordered from BatG and when they give the option will also order from Tiffen too. I won't let one put me off the others.

R.I.P.T.A. (Rhode Island Pedestrians Targeting Autoduellists) - "You just took a right turn into hell, and ya didn't use ya blinkah!"

PETA (Pedestrians Eradicating Troublesome Autoduellists) - "Keeping our crosswalks mined since 2013."

Do not meddle in the affairs of OGREs, for you are squishy under their treads.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:17 PM   #9
admiraltee

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses.

Can anyone from SJG ask the sponsor if everything is on track? I mean, I know that money has already traded hands from the sponsor to SJG but this poor service reflects badly on the OGRE and SJG experience.

So - I guess I just have to be realistic on this and plan to lose the (small) amount of money I paid for this expansion but hope for the best..?

Sigh, that's a poor experience.

Tee
Old 02-19-2014, 09:46 PM   #10
mtngrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiraltee View Post
So - I guess I just have to be realistic on this and plan to lose the (small) amount of money I paid for this expansion but hope for the best..?
I've lately had non-delivery from both Ebay and Amazon vendors.

At this point my frame on it is money spent on either is money I can afford to lose, and limit my purchases accordingly. That is, if I decide on making a small purchase on either Amazon or Ebay, I don't expect to actually receive the goods. If they get delivered, excellent. If not, it would cost me more than it's worth to pursue a refund.

This is how I regard the Nightfall purchase, I simply don't expect my purchase to be fulfilled, and I don't expect to be refunded.

I'm ok with this as I have more interesting and lucrative opportunities to stress out.
Closed Thread