Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 04:05 AM   #321
lachimba

Default Re: The 2015 w23 Digital Release and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrkat View Post
The Genre book being written.

According to the GURPS Wiki list of 3rd ed books
The Genre Books are
Atomic Horror, AutoDuel, CliffHangers, Cops, Covert Ops, Cyberpunk, Espionage, Horror, Illuminati, Mars, Mecha, Space, Special Ops, SteamPunk
Supers, Swat, Time Travel
Travel
I don't think your list is exhaustive enough.

GURPS Dragons and GURPS dinosaurs for example could count. Though I think they are both unlikely for separate reasons.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:14 AM   #322
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
I don't think your list is exhaustive enough.

GURPS Dragons and GURPS dinosaurs for example could count. Though I think they are both unlikely for separate reasons.
GURPS Dragons already includes a 4th ed conversion, though it certainly would benefit from a revision, as it predates Powers, I really doubt it will get it.
My stuff on e23
Old 08-23-2015, 05:19 AM   #323
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
GURPS Dragons already includes a 4th ed conversion, though it certainly would benefit from a revision, as it predates Powers, I really doubt it will get it.
One of my separate reasons. I doubt either of them Will get a 4e update, but my point was there are other possible books out there.

Few more Aliens, Atomic horror, Bunnies and Burrows :)

Last edited by lachimba; 08-23-2015 at 05:23 AM.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:46 AM   #324
RogerBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Bill Stoddard wrote GURPS Steampunk, and if there were a 4e update, he'd be the man to do it. Instead, this update is a Phil Masters project, which indicates the original author is either Masters or someone no longer writing GURPS books
Counterargument: David Pulver is still writing for GURPS, but some other guy did the 4e update for Reign of Steel.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:58 AM   #325
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBW View Post
Counterargument: David Pulver is still writing for GURPS, but some other guy did the 4e update for Reign of Steel.
:)
I think that's a different beast as IMHO it was almost 100% a stat, ability and point cost update rather like shell tech and Spaceships 8 for THS. Though something like Changing Times was new campaign ground and reworking for 4E THS
Old 08-23-2015, 01:30 PM   #326
Langy

While I'd prefer a Steampunk update at this point (because the next game I'm playing in is an early TL5 magi-punk with steampunk-like elements game and my cyberpunk campaign is going to be ending within the next few months), I too think that Cyberpunk is the more likely of the two. Phil's the THS line editor, so Cyberpunk seems more up his alley than Steampunk.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:35 PM   #327
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
While I'd prefer a Steampunk update at this point (because the next game I'm playing in is an early TL5 magi-punk with steampunk-like elements game and my cyberpunk campaign is going to be ending within the next few months), I too think that Cyberpunk is the more likely of the two. Phil's the THS line editor, so Cyberpunk seems more up his alley than Steampunk.
Phil also wrote GURPS Infinite Worlds: Britannica-6, which to me looks closer to steampunk than cyberpunk. ("Royal "Bloods" and outrageous dandies gamble fortunes on aerostat races and sponsor gigantic war machines, while Luddites grumble and the secret agents scheme.")
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:28 AM   #328
SCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
Phil also wrote GURPS Infinite Worlds: Britannica-6, which to me looks closer to steampunk than cyberpunk. ("Royal "Bloods" and outrageous dandies gamble fortunes on aerostat races and sponsor gigantic war machines, while Luddites grumble and the secret agents scheme.")
Phil also co-wrote and wrote the Castle Falkenstein books, for which SJG has a current licence (at least to sell those 2 books).
I'm not suggesting those books are the ones being updated, but they are Steampunk too.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:11 AM   #329
Proteus

I'm pretty sure Masters' project is a focused subset of GURPS Who's Who, a two-book series from Third Edition.

It was a "popular series" in that it was a series about people, and that's just the sort of linguistic legerdemain Kromm seems to enjoy.

Masters is a well-known history buff, so this would be right up his alley, and a while ago he talked about starting up a project that might turn into a string of small PDFs, which wouldn't fit most of the other proposed projects very well.

So I suspect we'll get focused sets, in PDFs of the usual sizes, with titles something like GURPS Who's Who: Elizabethan England for a collection of stats for Elizabeth I, Walter Raleigh, Francis Drake, John Dee, William Shakespeare, and the like.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:23 AM   #330
Langy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
I'm pretty sure Masters' project is a focused subset of GURPS Who's Who, a two-book series from Third Edition.

It was a "popular series" in that it was a series about people, and that's just the sort of linguistic legerdemain Kromm seems to enjoy.

Masters is a well-known history buff, so this would be right up his alley, and a while ago he talked about starting up a project that might turn into a string of small PDFs, which wouldn't fit most of the other proposed projects very well.

So I suspect we'll get focused sets, in PDFs of the usual sizes, with titles something like GURPS Who's Who: Elizabethan England for a collection of stats for Elizabeth I, Walter Raleigh, Francis Drake, John Dee, William Shakespeare, and the like.
GURPS Who's Who isn't a genre book, and can't be turned into one (and Phil's book has been explicitely labeled as an update of a 3e genre book).
Closed Thread

Tags
2015, speculation, w23