Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 07-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
DoomedDuck

Default Cult Membership Card

I keep seeing questions and references to the Cult Membership Card regarding the ability to decide at any time whether to be a Cultist or not. I can't find this rule anywhere and the promo card doesn't say that on the card either. Is there a card by the same name in the deck I'm forgetting?
DoomedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Cult Membership Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomedDuck View Post
I keep seeing questions and references to the Cult Membership Card regarding the ability to decide at any time whether to be a Cultist or not. I can't find this rule anywhere and the promo card doesn't say that on the card either. Is there a card by the same name in the deck I'm forgetting?
There is a Treasure card in the base deck of the same name as the promo card that has that ability, yes.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
RL

The promotional Cult Membership Card has no artwork and allows you to grab a bystander and have him/her play your combat.

The non-promotional Cult Membership Card comes with Munchkin Cthulhu, has artwork, and allows you to be a Cultist for whatever purposes you wish. This is the one discussed in the FAQ and the forums.
RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:19 AM   #4
dymwit

Hi,

Question regarding this - the cultist membership card - not the promo one, but rather the card that come with cthulhu - it says "you can choose to be treated like a cultist whenever you wish" - we had a big fight today what that meant. I said that I can choose to be considered as a cultist and thus get ALL benefits of a cultist, such as combat bonuses from other cultists, and use items only usable by cultist. they disagreed.

thoughts?
dymwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:12 AM   #5
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dymwit View Post
Hi,

Question regarding this - the cultist membership card - not the promo one, but rather the card that come with cthulhu - it says "you can choose to be treated like a cultist whenever you wish" - we had a big fight today what that meant. I said that I can choose to be considered as a cultist and thus get ALL benefits of a cultist, such as combat bonuses from other cultists, and use items only usable by cultist. they disagreed.

thoughts?
The ruling that you found in the other thread you posted in is the only one we've been given. In which case, you can pick and choose whichever game abilities you want to affect you that would affect a Cultist or non-Cultist accordingly. That means the ways monsters treat you, using Cultist Items, gaining the Cultist Strength in Numbers ability and game ending effects amongst others.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:55 AM   #6
MunchkinMan

dymwit: If you have one question, we would ask that you ask it in one thread, please. Spamming the forum with your single question in multiple threads is, well, spamming, unfortunately. Also, what we'd really prefer is that if you find a question that has already been asked on these forums for which you really want to get an answer, we offer an unanswered questions sticky thread where you can point to the question you want answered.
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 05-17-2013 at 05:59 AM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:02 AM   #7
Bampop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
Also, what we'd really prefer is that if you find a question for which you really want to get an answer, we offer an unanswered questions sticky thread where you can point to the question you want answered.
Hope I'm not stepping on toes, but only if you are the original asker.

Quote:
4) Only the person who originally asked the question should link to the question. This is to avoid EVERYONE posting links to the same question.
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com

Last edited by Bampop; 05-17-2013 at 06:06 AM.
Bampop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
MunchkinMan

Hmmmm. I keep forgetting that. We might have to discuss that. Either way, spamming the forum with bumps is definitely not the way to go.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
munchkin cthulhu