Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Board and Dice Games

Old 05-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
ellogan

Default Frag: movement and shooting // doors

Let's say player A is between a wall and a door, player B has 6 movements, with movement 5 gets to the door and wants to shoot but is on the other side of the door. Can he shoot?
This is because in the rules say that you cannot shoot trough doors, but the movement can let him go trough the door but since player A is in the next square he can't cross and end the movement.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
MiB3027

Default Re: Frag: movement and shooting // doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellogan View Post
Let's say player A is between a wall and a door, player B has 6 movements, with movement 5 gets to the door and wants to shoot but is on the other side of the door. Can he shoot?
This is because in the rules say that you cannot shoot trough doors, but the movement can let him go trough the door but since player A is in the next square he can't cross and end the movement.
I have always played that if you were standing next to a door, the door is open.
MiB3027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
bfaslewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellogan View Post
if end your turn and you're in a doorway, the door is considered to be open, and yes you can be shot.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
ellogan

Thanks, its just that this door isnt as the diagonal ones, it is a horizontal door, reason why I couldnt decide if player B could do the shot. So we throw a die, 123 no shot, 456 shot.

Now on, shot all the way.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
natesroom

nope the door is closed
Old 06-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
fwcain
Evil Game Master For Hire

These doors are "smart" (i.e. Star-Trek-like) doors; they are automatically open if you are in position to move through them, and automatically closed if you are not able to move through them.

Thus, if the door is orthogonal (i.e. on a wall segment between two squares), and if the active player (i.e. the player who is moving) is in either of those two squares, then yes, that door is open at that point during his turn. Likewise, if the player is in the same square as a diagonal door, then that door is open at that point in his turn.

The only complication I can see would be in the case of one-way doors, when the active player does not have the appropriate key card. In those cases, if he does not have the relevant key card and is on the "wrong" side of the door, then he can not go through that door; so the door would be closed.
fwcain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, frag, shoot, wall