Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #931
Buzzardo

Default Re: Ogre Kickstarter

Oh, yes, the swag is a big factor. Good point.

All those little extras add up, both in terms of adding to the total and in terms of energizing the backers.

It's clear that a variety of swag is good and that listening to the community about the swag they'll buy is good. How else would we get polo shirts?

And yes, I hope SJG has a good profit margin on those items, since I know the margin on the actual game can't be much at $100.

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #932
Bampop

I'm a Munchkin fan who has no idea about Ogre whatsoever, but this thing captured my attention so much I donated a dollar. And I sat around refreshing every 3 minutes for an hour to make sure I was backer number 5000. Congrats guys. I'll look into the game for sure once it's out. (Unless one of you multi-copy big money folks feels like donating one to me...I kid.)
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com
Bampop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:26 AM   #933
Bowser

Being gone for 8 days while this runaway train of a project burned down the tracks has cost me! I really had to agonize over some of those shirts, the hat, patches, etc.

I finally made my choices, bit the bullet, and upped my pledge by 42% (and that's more than you'd think because it depends on where you started)!

10.75 hours left to go at there are 5079 backers at a total of $837,068 or $164.81 per backer. Less than $40K more and that's 7/8s of a million bucks! Sheesh!

And I was agonizing, sweating bullets, worrying that the project wouldn't get to $200,000 and I wouldn't have those single-sided maps . . .

THIS is why I'm not in retail!

But it's been a great ride and I wouldn't have missed it for the world!
Old 05-11-2012, 05:41 AM   #934
natesroom

I hope that you guys can do a survey and build a map for the cities where all the ogre supporters were... I would love to find out that there 3 or 4 in Orlando where i live cause i would definately want to play with other supporters.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:25 AM   #935
Langy

Quote:
Originally Posted by natesroom View Post
I hope that you guys can do a survey and build a map for the cities where all the ogre supporters were... I would love to find out that there 3 or 4 in Orlando where i live cause i would definately want to play with other supporters.
Well, I can tell you that there's at least one more (me), and I think I saw someone else in the thread talk about being in Orlando (though that may have been you, or possibly it was mentioned elsewhere in the forums and I got confused).
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:34 AM   #936
tomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardo View Post
Oh, yes, the swag is a big factor. Good point.

All those little extras add up, both in terms of adding to the total and in terms of energizing the backers.
Yeah, I was energized to the tune of almost doubling my pledge to pick up lots of extra goodies that weren't available a month ago. The swag looms large.

Freedom of Speech is not Freedom of Podium
tomc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #937
natesroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
Well, I can tell you that there's at least one more (me), and I think I saw someone else in the thread talk about being in Orlando (though that may have been you, or possibly it was mentioned elsewhere in the forums and I got confused).
Cool i must have missed that.. what part of the Otown? I'm near the Airport
Old 05-11-2012, 06:43 AM   #938
natesroom

Allright i just gave SJ my 150 for the game...backer 5,177 or 78
Old 05-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #939
ColBosch

Bear with me a moment, but I was just thinking: how much better did the Kickstarter campaign really make the game? So, let's compare:

PACKAGING:
Was: Cardboard box with cardboard tray insert
Now: Cardboard box with plastic tray insert

MAPS:
Was: 1x one-sided Ogre map, 2x two-sided GEV maps
Now: 1x one-sided Ogre map, 4x one-sided GEV maps

COUNTER SHEETS:
Was: 10x assorted counter sheets
Now: 19x assorted counter sheets

DICE:
Was: 2x 16mm black urea dicde
Now 1x 19mm red acrylic die, 1x 19mm blue acrylic die

...plus the Ogre blueprint poster.

So, to me, it looks like the campaign roughly doubled the value of the box in raw STUFF. I'm really sad I had to reduce my pledge now, but c'est la vie.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #940
Langy

Quote:
Originally Posted by natesroom View Post
Cool i must have missed that.. what part of the Otown? I'm near the Airport
I'm relatively close by Orlando International Airport as well, near to the border with Osceola. Gatorland is probably two or three miles from my house, if you know where that is.
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote