Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Board and Dice Games

Old 04-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
natesroom

Default Frag

Can some specify rapid fire for me? Does it superceed ammo? Meaning a nuke can be fired twice?

I have just started playin this so many questions are coming up...

How does exoskeleton work on the jumping text? Do you get an extra 2 spaces to movement or do you just jump 2 for free.. We can't agree on the interpretation.

Last edited by natesroom; 04-29-2012 at 04:24 PM.
natesroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
vwhunter98

Default Re: Frag

Quote:
Originally Posted by natesroom View Post
Can some specify rapid fire for me? Does it superceed ammo? Meaning a nuke can be fired twice?
I may be wrong and if so I would love to be clarified, my groups have always played that it does not superceed ammo, as it is purely a gadget not a Game Hack which would be more likely to alter the rules. So my determination would be rapid fire only works with enough ammo to fire double the attack rolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natesroom View Post
How does exoskeleton work on the jumping text? Do you get an extra 2 spaces to movement or do you just jump 2 for free.. We can't agree on the interpretation.
Again I may be wrong, as this is a fairly new area for me as a MIB, we have played this as "when" you jump you go two extra spaces beyond your speeds ability. We have treated those two as free, this may be wrong and should count as double movement also I can only tell you what we have done.

Hope that helps and if I have miss guided you we get corrected!

Allan
vwhunter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
mib1325

Allen,
I agree with you 100%. The rapid fire does not override the ammo. It allows a weapon to fire twice per shot, but will not allow a weapong to fire past its ammo. So a heavy assault cannon will fire twice and only twice (it only has two ammo) in the same shot. The port. Nuke is one shot, so rapid fire is wasted here.

As for the exo. I agree. It gives the first two movement on a jump free. The rest of it is at the normal 2 for 1. This is how I have always played it, and seeing as how you read it the same, I dont think we can be too far off.
mib1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #4
natesroom

I know those arent "Official" But thats how i was ruling it also... Thanks for input.

As i have just learned and picked up FRAG and will be demoing it more heavily do too its speed and ease of play, i know i will have more questions and would love to update the FAQ if i have enough questions.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #5
natesroom

I have another Question for you guys and hopefully you can help me rule this one..

On the Over/Under Gadget that allows you to combine both guns... how do you rule the weapon? if i combine an energy and and the shotgun is it all energy? Also if i combine the machine gun and the shotgun can i fire it twice?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #6
Sinkuu

you roll dmg for each weapon separately, but I think it's just one hit roll.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:13 AM   #7
natesroom

Hmmm...i hadnt thought about that, since it says it creates ONE weapon...

I thought the idea was to create a super weapon... anyone else have an opinion?
Old 05-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #8
mib1325

Over Under combines two weapons to attack at the same time. It does not cahnge the properties of the weapons, or the ammo they wield. The machine gun/shot gun combo I usually work like this. The shotgun and machine gun fire at the same time, and the machine gun fires a second time on top. Or use an energy weapon, you can burn through it in one shot, or use it one pulse at a time. The attached weapon would fire on each pull of the trigger. I look at it in "real world" terms. You pull a trigger and hold it down. Most shotguns fire one blast, the machine gun keeps going. hence, the second attack. I hope this helps....
mib1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
bfaslewis

hey natesroom, try this thread. i found it pretty useful when i started playing frag.

but i think this thread should answer your question re: over/under

Last edited by bfaslewis; 05-11-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: added link
Old 05-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #10
nar55555

The FRAG FAQ posted on the product page states that it was last updated April 3, 2002: http://www.sjgames.com/frag/extras/faq.html

Is there a more current FAQ, or are there efforts being made to update that one?

Munchkin stuff: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ZUCvPIc6Y/edit

MiB #9933
nar55555 is offline   Reply With Quote