Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #11
thalcos

Default Re: Anyone have a 3rd edition character sheet?

I always liked the genre-specific 3E ones (the Horror ones were awesome, the fantasy ones weren't quite as good, but I liked the old line-art templates you could draw on). I don't think they ever made it to pdf.
thalcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:17 PM   #12
hal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalcos View Post
I always liked the genre-specific 3E ones (the Horror ones were awesome, the fantasy ones weren't quite as good, but I liked the old line-art templates you could draw on). I don't think they ever made it to pdf.

I'm not certain what you mean by "I don't think they ever made it to PDF". Do you mean you want something other than the scan that was included in te PDF of GURPS BASIC SET 3rd Edition Revised?
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:27 PM   #13
hal

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
PM him with your email address. To PM him, just click on his username and click "private message" in the dropdown menu.
Thanks Evileeyore. :)

He got through to me and I sent him the PDF.

For those who are interested - NUANCE creates a pretty nifty PDF application to compete with the Acrobat PDF creator. One of the really NICE features that I like from NUANCE is the fact that you can extract a range of pages from a PDF document and turn it into a new PDF document. It also allows you to export to Text format etc.

The pricing of it is sweet compared to Acrobat. As ever, what you can do with a PDF document is solely dependent upon the privileges that are baked into the PDF document - but it does a nice job.

It isn't difficult for me to take a picture of any kind, and place it on a PDF document area (such as the character portrait for example). I have a copy of the GURPS SPACE work sheet that allows me to fill in the data onto the PDF and then print the entire thing (A template basically). I use it for my own needs - which is why I never worry about the IP rights involved. If I were to make it available to SJGames for them to download for the public, it might be worth the while to give it to them (it is THEIR work effectively, I just made it so you can type data at the keyboard and then be able to print it).
Old 02-13-2019, 09:57 PM   #14
thalcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
I'm not certain what you mean by "I don't think they ever made it to PDF". Do you mean you want something other than the scan that was included in te PDF of GURPS BASIC SET 3rd Edition Revised?
Yes -- there were a few print-only products back in the day (early the late '90s?) that had customized character sheets, different from the standard 3e ones:

GURPS Horror Character Sheets for the Summer of Horror event
GURPS Fantasy GMs Pack
GURPS Space GMs Pack

They aren't on Warehouse 23 in pdf format, and I haven't seen them anywhere else either in digital format. More of a novelty than anything else, since they wouldn't be that useful to 4e gamers (or anyone with Photoshop and a little creativity).
thalcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:45 PM   #15
hal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalcos View Post
Yes -- there were a few print-only products back in the day (early the late '90s?) that had customized character sheets, different from the standard 3e ones:

GURPS Horror Character Sheets for the Summer of Horror event
GURPS Fantasy GMs Pack
GURPS Space GMs Pack

They aren't on Warehouse 23 in pdf format, and I haven't seen them anywhere else either in digital format. More of a novelty than anything else, since they wouldn't be that useful to 4e gamers (or anyone with Photoshop and a little creativity).
Gotcha.

For what it is worth, I started tracking down some old stray memories. I still have a copy of GURPS 2nd edition in their original blue booklets. I can see the back of the one book has the male version of the character outline (in blue no less) character sheet. The inside of the book contains the female form in grey. But then I started looking at my GURPS CHARACTER BUILDER demo version, and it has the outline of the dwarf included in it.

I'm betting that if someone has the purchased copy of the GURPS CHARACTER BUILDER - it might contain the full jpg library of character sheets. With PRIMO installed (freeware that simulates a printer server that prints anything directly to PDF form) - one could easily create blank character sheets from that program.

Don't know how much value that is to anyone who might read this. :(
Old 02-14-2019, 05:55 AM   #16
dcarson

I have a set of gif files that are from SJGames dating back to late90s that are the faint outline figures that the character sheets used only with more poses and races. Would those*be OK to share? There are 26 of them.
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:23 AM   #17
hal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarson View Post
I have a set of gif files that are from SJGames dating back to late90s that are the faint outline figures that the character sheets used only with more poses and races. Would those*be OK to share? There are 26 of them.
I would suggest contacting SJGames and asking them nicely if you can share them. If they are amendable to the idea, if you send those to me - I can try to make it so that I create actual character sheets with those on them (one character sheet per outline) - print it via PRIMO (a freeware software package that acts as a printer server such that any program that prints output to the printers, can instead, print it directly to PDF.

If they agree to it, I'd be happy to create those as a PDF file, and then send it to SJGames for them to host somewhere - free of charge on my part.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:56 AM   #18
Bladesinger989

Hal I'd love to get that writable pdf sent to me 3e
Bladesinger989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:57 PM   #19
hal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesinger989 View Post
Hal I'd love to get that writable pdf sent to me 3e
Send me an email (click on my name - it has a provision for emails) and I'll dig it up and send it your way. For anyone who might wish this in the future, the name of the file is ClassicGurpsCharSheets.PDF (so I don't have to try and remember what I called it in the past.)

If you want, I can turn it into a form where you can open it with your PDF browser, and then type information into the PDF directly. That form is a function of Nuance PDF software.

Either way, I have no problem with doing it or not doing it. Your choice.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:10 PM   #20
Bladesinger989

Won't let me message you writable would be super awesome
Bladesinger989 is offline   Reply With Quote