Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-11-2019, 12:31 PM   #1
jackcelso

Default Will there be others Dungeons Denizens books?

Personally i really liked the dungeon fantasy denizens serie... and i think would be a great suplement specially for the non caster classes

Last edited by jackcelso; 02-11-2019 at 02:08 PM.
jackcelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:52 PM   #2
Dalin

Default Re: Will there be others Dungeons Denizens books?

Yes! I like both of the ones we've gotten so far. I'd love to see one for thieves.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:13 PM   #3
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
I'd love to see one for thieves.
Everyone would like to see one for the Thief. It won't happen till someone decides to write it... which means someone needs to get a books worth of good ideas...
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:10 PM   #4
Dalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Everyone would like to see one for the Thief. It won't happen till someone decides to write it... which means someone needs to get a books worth of good ideas...
It would be rather nice if all of us GURPS fans were landed gentry with high Writing skill.

In all seriousness, this is one thing that makes me sad about the loss of Pyramid. It was a way for amateurs to test the waters and develop their skills. I was hoping to do so myself at some point. The gap between "capable of GMing, posting on the forums, and occasionally writing an eloquent paragraph" to "capable of pitching, researching, and writing a full RPG supplement while staying on deadline" is rather daunting!
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:53 PM   #5
Blind Mapmaker

Yeah, we need more splatbooks! Though I think the more magic-oriented professions need more oomph with the wizard coming first, edging out the bard and the druid. Clerics already got a boost through their book in the main series, but that was more focused on gods and servitors. Of course a volume on the thief wouldn't be amiss either.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:22 PM   #6
tbone

I'd also love to see more in that series. At least the full 11 original professions (or 10, if we consider clerics as already having had their splatbook, but that was a special case; I think there's still room for Denizens: Clerics).

On the chance that anyone thinking of expanding the series sees this thread, let me note that I wrote up a wishlist for Dungeon Denizens: Bards. Maybe it'll help spur some good ideas (certainly better ones than mine).

And I have another article maybe of a little use to Dungeon Denizens: Thieves - mostly on the use of talents to boost the profession, perhaps with a few other useful tidbits.

Anyone else have blog articles or other resources that might interest future Denizens writers?

(And then, let's see... after the 11 professions, there are all the later professions... And I wonder whether anyone would have an interest in Denizens books on PC races??)

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:46 PM   #7
Gnome

Don't forget, wizards already kind of got one:
GURPS Magical Styles: Dungeon Magic
Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:46 PM   #8
Blind Mapmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
Don't forget, wizards already kind of got one:
GURPS Magical Styles: Dungeon Magic
Yeah that's right. I've never used it alongside the DF books actually. Even though many aspects are firmly DF-tongue-in-cheek it's quite a bit more elaborate and concerned with background stuff than standard DF fare. A great book though, I mined it a lot for inspiration for magic orders in other settings.