Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 01-21-2020, 11:31 AM   #1
PresidentTwoeagles

Default Car Wars and 2020 conventions

I'm in the Detroit area and would like to be within driving distance of some Car Wars 6th edition action this year! I do see Origins and GenCon which are within 3-5 hours of me, but there's also BASHCon in Toledo, OH next month. Only one SJG employee will be there, but what will your presence be like at the show?

Granted I'm more of a general nerd culture/video game convention type of guy so the scope of Origins or GenCon may not appeal to me much, so that's why I wanted to ask about BASHCon.
PresidentTwoeagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 03:29 PM   #2
AlexYeager

Default Re: Car Wars and 2020 conventions

Hello there! I'm in the process of working out the details, but I'm the guy attending and yes, assuming all goes well, I'll be there with a set. (The only questions are when I'd be running it - assume Saturday for sure, and Friday perhaps), and having a set there (which I'm confident will happen).

BASHCon is a super-inexpensive show, and a lot of fun for casual play. I'm also a past officer of the organization, so I've got a soft spot in my heart for it. I'm glad to be attending!
Old 01-22-2020, 07:55 PM   #3
PresidentTwoeagles

Thanks Alex! Yeah, I'd be going on Saturday barring any family schedules and I-don't-want-to-drive-anywhere weather.

Their website is pretty limited right now, but it looks right up my alley! Hoping to see CW6E there :)
Old 02-11-2020, 09:26 PM   #4
PresidentTwoeagles

Hi Alex, BASHCon's almost here and I just wanted to see if you were still planning on having CW6E on (at least) Saturday before I make the drive out. Really looking forward to it!
Old 02-15-2020, 08:49 PM   #5
PresidentTwoeagles

Thanks again for the CW6E demonstration at BASHCon, Alex! It was nice to meet you and I was glad to be able to play a custom build game and get back to Detroit at a decent hour that my wife was happy with :)

I lost a couple of your Munchkin promo cards somewhere though, oh well... if you saw a couple on the floor, those were probably mine!

https://imgur.com/O5EYdhV

Last edited by PresidentTwoeagles; 02-15-2020 at 08:52 PM.