Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-06-2017, 04:55 AM   #61
Friendpmcii

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Michael)

'I'm guessing Hansel cares a great deal about these,' "Ok, I guess I should return these. Are we taking any protection in there?" Michael nods to the Invisibility wall.
Friendpmcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:01 AM   #62
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"I was not expecting to... no, I am expected. They'll want thee there, and they'll want someone to talk to thee . Ye owe me. Much. I will put the gun back."

He grumbles as he snatches the gun and goes down below. Michael still has the other one.

The captain doesn't seem to be waiting for the two of you to get in the boat, though he does glance at Michael periodically.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:23 PM   #63
Friendpmcii

Michael listens to the interpretor's body language to get an idea if he is mad, frustrated, acting, or greedy. 'aren't I helping?' "Thank you, for your help." 'I should watch out for him as well.'

Michael heads to the boat. And holds up the gun and try's to remember the new word he learned as he points to the weapon, "krakon".

OOC: Ok so I forgot what the word was, thinking about it I hope I remembered gun powder.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:00 AM   #64
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The translator seems tired and frustrated.

The captain glances at Michael as he gets near the boat, nods once to approve Michael coming, and then continues to study Michael.

The boat is about to cast off and the translator isn't back yet.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 07-08-2017, 06:43 AM   #65
Friendpmcii

As he nears the ship he wonders, 'I wonder why he is frustrated, the mission is getting complete. Maybe he was going to make a profit at the other location?'

Michael is more in thought about the translator, and isn't really used to being the one watched. The capten likely gets an odd collection of thinking faces as Michael assesses the information he has on his translator, who just might be one of the few who can communicate with him.

lncase there is a translator Michael is not aware of, he asks "Is there a translator on board." 'I don't think the other wants to come, if I remember there where two or three.'
Old 07-08-2017, 11:26 AM   #66
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"huh?"

No one in the boat understands his question, and one of the sailors unties it from the big ship.

Old 07-08-2017, 07:02 PM   #67
Friendpmcii

'He seemed like he wanted to rest, I guess we can head off without him. Besides if the captain was that worred he would likely have waited.' Michael revews what few words he knows so that he can practice using them as they become useful.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:28 AM   #68
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The boat sets off. The translator returns to the top of the ship, looks at the departing boat, and shrugs.

They reach the illusory wall, and push their way through. It feels bizarre, like stepping through a thin layer of ice. Michael can feel the illusion somewhat resisting him.

Once inside, the captain holds up a lantern, colding glowing with something other than fire. It feels much like the illusion to Michael's senses. As do a string of spots leading father into the rock.

The cave is about 20 feet by 10 feet. There is no obvious way forward. The rocks hang down jaggedly, as though cut. Three different spots in the wall present the weird "feel" that brought Michael here. Each are only about 6 inches across.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:12 PM   #69
Friendpmcii

Careful to not be under a 'tooth' Michael takes care to look at the marks on the spot to see if there are any details such as arrows or pictures, as well as if there are any differences between them that might be worth noticing like color or the direction of moss. Then he looks underneath to see if they might slide and lastly if there is a hole that they might fit in.

OOC: gone from Thursday to Tusday.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:29 AM   #70
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The light is pretty bad, but it doesn't take him long to identify each spot is just an illusion covering a hole about 4 inches across. There are no markings around any of the spots, at least not on this side of the illusion in this poor light.

OCC: thanks for the heads up.

Tags
lost in dreams