Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 05-09-2019, 10:06 PM   #31
JLV

Default Re: Four Perilous Journeys: Four new adventures for The Fantasy Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHorse View Post
Me too — and that is indeed the correct way to spell it, in this case. I have tried to be Good, and restrain my Kickstarting impulses; I even decided to (mostly) ignore anything that wasn't specifically from SJG. But SJG cheated, using telepathic spies to learn my weakness, and they started doing all these new Kickstarters every three days or so, so now I'm gonna have to find out whether my printer can do passable counterfeiting or something.
:-) Yes, I chose the dollar signs intentionally! :-)

And I've had to back out of two other Kickstarters I really wanted to back (and may have to do so with a third if things continue as they are) thanks primarily to the dog's run-in with a dead tree branch. Ah well, sometime if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all! *sigh* Dogs and kids...what're ya gonna do?
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:55 AM   #32
schoon

Looks good!

...and backed.
schoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:42 AM   #33
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoon View Post
Looks good!

...and backed.
Thank you! (now spread the word . . . we're about 60% funded, but 60% isn't 100%, and we can't get the cool stuff planned as stretch goals if we don't hit 100% first!)
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 04:30 PM   #34
ParadoxGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Thank you! (now spread the word . . . we're about 60% funded, but 60% isn't 100%, and we can't get the cool stuff planned as stretch goals if we don't hit 100% first!)
Don't forget that you're free to promote Four Perilous Journeys on the TFT Discord server throughout the entire campaign.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:05 PM   #35
DouglasCole

The Kickstarter campaign for Four Perilous Journeys: New Adventures for The Fantasy Trip is LIVE on Kickstarter, and going strong.

In the first week, we've surpassed 77% of the funding goal, which bodes well. In the coming weeks, look for cross-promotional opportunities with the ongoing Decks of Destiny campaign from SJG. Printed tokens, NPC and monster cards, and other goodies are all in discussion.

No matter what, though, these will be add-ons and stretch goals - if the project funds, we have a shot. If it doesn't, none of it happens.

I've got a great slate of adventures being worked by folks who know what they're doing. They've written for The Fantasy Trip before, and I think you'll enjoy what they have written.

Check out Four Perilous Journeys on Kickstarter!
Old 05-15-2019, 12:36 PM   #36
malchidael

I actually waffled a bit on this kickstarter, because, sadly, I haven't actually played TFT since I got my Legacy box (not even solo). Combination of no time and no group to inspire me to play.

But, I'm in for print, so hopefully, we make it!
malchidael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:46 PM   #37
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by malchidael View Post
I actually waffled a bit on this kickstarter, because, sadly, I haven't actually played TFT since I got my Legacy box (not even solo). Combination of no time and no group to inspire me to play.

But, I'm in for print, so hopefully, we make it!
I appreciate it!

There are quite a few folks 'on the fence,' or as I like to call it: Latent Demand.

364 people are following the campaign but have not (yet) backed. Given the average pledge level, that's a 'latent' $15,000, which would of course take us to just over $28,000 and over 650 backers, which would make it my strongest KS to date.

I still think there's room for even more: there were 3,300 original backers for TFT, and 1,300 folks went in for TFT Adventures. That leaves 2,000 people clearly lacking in adventure material. ;-)

The biggest thing folks can help me with now is getting the word out. Nice things said on Twitter, Facebook, and the various RPG sites by *not the author* go a ridiculously long way in getting attention to the project.

Of course, I know some folks are waiting to see what nifty extras are in for the stretch goals, but if the project doesn't fund, any number of add-ons or stretch goals are irrelevant!

Thanks for your support! I look forward to sharing previews and updates with folks as progress is made.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:54 PM   #38
FireHorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Of course, I know some folks are waiting to see what nifty extras are in for the stretch goals, but if the project doesn't fund, any number of add-ons or stretch goals are irrelevant!
Honestly, 'sxtras' aren't much of a factor in my own hesitation. If the primary offering interests me enough to follow it in the first place, then my only hesitation is over money — whether I can afford it at all, or (in this case) which level to choose. I know I want Four Perilous Journeys; I just don't know if I want to pay X for Aether or 2.5X for Dead Trees.

But I do want it in some form, and Funding is a prerequisite for either, so I just went ahead and pledged for Aether — and I suppose I can always upgrade to Dead Trees later, if I happen to scrape another 1.5X out of the sofa cushions. :)
FireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:17 PM   #39
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHorse View Post
Honestly, 'sxtras' aren't much of a factor in my own hesitation. If the primary offering interests me enough to follow it in the first place, then my only hesitation is over money — whether I can afford it at all, or (in this case) which level to choose. I know I want Four Perilous Journeys; I just don't know if I want to pay X for Aether or 2.5X for Dead Trees.

But I do want it in some form, and Funding is a prerequisite for either, so I just went ahead and pledged for Aether — and I suppose I can always upgrade to Dead Trees later, if I happen to scrape another 1.5X out of the sofa cushions. :)
Thanks. I do appreciate it.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:46 AM   #40
DouglasCole

Castle Ironskull: Rumors and Background

Her castle held deadly enchantments, crafted with arcane lore
Creations of blood and hunger, weapons of death and war.
Her old soldiers have arisen, yet their bodies have grown cold.
Now she deals in eldritch arms, and counts her bloodstained gold.

The Ironskulls were a famous mercenary force consisting of very experienced troops (both human and gargoyle), plus a squad of wizards. Their final commander was Raelle Ironskull, a ruthless sorceress and tactician. She was seconded by the nomad wizard/necromancer called “the Laughing Storm,” and the monstrous, evil-eyed Lord Snerg and his two siblings.

Most of the Ironskulls died in the fight for Blackbird Keep. Raelle took the keep, but when the sponsor of the raid on Blackbird Keep reneged on the bargain, she kept it for herself. She renamed it "Castle Ironskull" and retired there with her few surviving retainers

Those who expected her to live the life of a country gentlewoman were disappointed. Long a connoisseur of magical weapons, she used this knowledge, her own collection, and her connections in the mercenary business to begin a new business venture: Eldritch Arms. She is becoming the land's foremost dealer in enchanted weapons.

There are many rumors about what lies in the vaults of Castle Ironskull. Among the legends of its contents include:
  • The Eternal Goat, a living artifact that will regenerate body parts carved from it, allowing endless rations for a company of soldiers or besieged town. Once a year, the Goat must be fed...and it has peculiar appetites.
  • The sacred Axe of Azinora, a weapon with a storied history, wielded by a succession of warrior priestesses and female paladins.
  • The great ruby-hilted sword called Ravenous, which serves only those who thirst for flesh and blood.
  • They hold the Diadem of the Dragon Princess, a coming-of-age gift for the beloved daughter of a mighty warlord. The threat of awakening the four dragons frozen in its fabulous jewels was such that she never used it: It was buried with her. Tomb robbers acquired and sold the mummy and crown to Raelle.

Castle Ironskull is more than a little setting and background. Raelle and the, um, remains of her unusual mercenary company would make sense as adversaries, targets, patrons, or simply a faction that exists in order to make the PCs lives more than a bit more interesting.