Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:32 PM   #1
Belle Sorciere

Default The super heavy tank in the Ogre app

So I just got Ogre 6e, which is the prettiest game I've owned in a long time. I then installed google play on my Fire so I could download the Ogre app.

While poking around in the Ogre app I found that super heavy tanks have an ogre sheet with two main guns, two antipersonnel guns, and 18 tread units (6 per movement point).

Have super heavies changed in ODE or is this an accommodation for a possible house rule?
Belle Sorciere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:39 PM   #2
wolf90

Default Re: The super heavy tank in the Ogre app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Sorciere View Post
So I just got Ogre 6e, which is the prettiest game I've owned in a long time.
(You're making be well up!) Thank you very much!

Quote:
Have super heavies changed in ODE or is this an accommodation for a possible house rule?
There is an optional rule in Ogre Designer's Edition where the SHVY can be treated like a little Ogre, with partial damage. See section 13.07 in the ODE rulebook, which can be downloaded here.

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:42 PM   #3
wolf90

And welcome to the forums!!

Feel free to poke around, ask questions, offer comments. There is a fairly robust group of players, many with years of experience, here to discuss any and all things Ogre!

Again, welcome to the Ogre-verse!

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:43 PM   #4
Belle Sorciere

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
(You're making be well up!) Thank you very much!
You're welcome!

I'm currently trying to move some heaven and earth to get an ODE which looks even prettier because more stuff!

Or at least just as pretty but with more things to play with.

Quote:
There is an optional rule in Ogre Designer's Edition where the SHVY can be treated like a little Ogre, with partial damage. See section 13.07 in the ODE rulebook, which can be downloaded here.

D.
Thanks much - I didn't know the ODE rules could be downloaded. That is an intriguing rule.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:51 PM   #5
wolf90

Freely acknowledging that there would no box to store all of these goodies, you might look into the Giant Battlefield set and the set of Extra ODE Counters. Those two items, when combined with Ogre Sixth Edition, give you essentially everything in ODE (. . . except the box!).

The Scenario Book, Reference Sheet, etc. may all be downloaded for free at the ODE page.

D.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:58 PM   #6
Belle Sorciere

Quote:
Freely acknowledging that there would no box to store all of these goodies, you might look into the Giant Battlefield set and the set of Extra ODE Counters. Those two items, when combined with Ogre Sixth Edition, give you essentially everything in ODE (. . . except the box!).

The Scenario Book, Reference Sheet, etc. may all be downloaded for free at the ODE page.

D.
I totally want the box! Or at least the Ogre garage and the other thing that holds counters.

Also, do the ODE counters include the extra countersheets added in the kickstarter? That is, the sheets from the $3,000 pledge?
Old 02-15-2017, 08:03 PM   #7
wolf90

Quote:
I totally want the box! Or at least the Ogre garage and the other thing that holds counters.
I completely understand! Just offering a more affordable option.

Quote:
Also, do the ODE counters include the extra countersheets added in the kickstarter? That is, the sheets from the $3,000 pledge?
It does include the $3,000 sponsored sheets, but does not include the kickstarter exclusive sheets.

D.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:06 PM   #8
Buzzardo

Various people have mentioned that plastic storage trays of certain sizes work well. A little Googling might give you some details.

And welcome aboard. :)

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:10 PM   #9
wolf90

Quote:
Actually, those are available too, but still no box. Look here, and here.

And Buzzardo is correct.

But I won't lie . . . the box is impressive!

D.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:13 PM   #10
Belle Sorciere

Quote:
It does include the $3,000 sponsored sheets, but does not include the kickstarter exclusive sheets.

D.
The kickstarter exclusives weren't even on my radar and since they were only available to backers, it doesn't really matter. Although the targets go boom would be pretty nice to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardo View Post
Various people have mentioned that plastic storage trays of certain sizes work well. A little Googling might give you some details.

And welcome aboard. :)
Thank you. :)

Last edited by Belle Sorciere; 02-15-2017 at 08:29 PM.