Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 12-08-2015, 07:45 PM   #1
Diehard

Default Car Wars Event at Adepticon 2016

For the first time I will be running a Car Wars events at Adepticon 2016 in Schamburg, IL March 31st through April 3rd. This is a first for Adepticon and I hope to see some of you there. The events are a 5th edition $5k and a $90k free for all. The event will be played with modified 1/64th scale cars and 3d terrain. If you are interested in attending you can find out more at www.adepticon.org or http://www.burnindesigns.net/p/events.html

Car Wars 5e Amateur Night 04/10/16 6:00PM

Welcome to the Death Race, where battle hardened drivers and dead-eye gunners race tricked-out cars in the most twisted spectator sport on Earth! The battle begins tonight and you get to join in. One night only amateur night. Join in, we supply the car and you supply the skill. When and you keep the car. Lose and well, we will have paramedics standing by. Be there and get in to the greatest entertainment spectacular ever!!! DEATH RACE!!!

The amateur night event is a $5k event using any of the pre-generated cars from the 5th edition rule books. There will be some model cars available for the event but you are encouraged to bring your own. Additional rules and details on car construction will be made available as part of the rules package.

Car Wars 5e Fury Road Free for all 04/02/16 12:00pm

The world is in shambles and chaos reigns. Rogue gang control the streets. Survival is limited to only the strongest. Today we come together to battle for the right to live free. Welcome to Fury Road. 1 driver, 1 car, 1 mission... cross the finish line alive. Do you have the skills required to survive, Fury Road.

Fury Road is a modified Car Wars 5e event. It is a "run with you brung" event with each participant having a budget of $90K to spend on vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be built using the Combat Garage Car Builder (http://carwars.opentools.org/#/overview). There will be some model cars available for the event but you are encouraged to bring your own. Additional rules and details on car construction will be made available as part of the rules package.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jnx1D5WKgO...917_205905.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dBB_7bvngL...719_220126.jpg
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:53 PM   #2
kjamma4

Default Re: Car Wars Event at Adepticon 2016

I'll definitely keep this on the radar - this is right in my neck of the woods and I have a friend who attends every year for 40K.

Question about the version you're playing - you've listed it as 5e but as far as I know, the Combat Garage (and anyone else) doesn't have construction rules for 5e.
kjamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:18 AM   #3
Diehard

Default Re: Car Wars Event at Adepticon 2016

I am still writing up the packet for the event but the $5K Amature Night event is with stock cars from the 5e books. The car sheets will be supplied so the cars are reasonably balanced.

The other event will use the 5e rules but the building rules for CWC cars. It is not perfect but it keeps the game simple. The stock cars for 5e wont match up but that is not a big deal since the dollar amounts are higher using one of them is almost instant death.

In both cases we will be using 1/64 scale cars, Hot Wheels, Matchbox, etc for models. I have about 30 different cars modified already and people are welcome to bring their own. The only real requirements are the car needs to be based on a 1.5"x3" for midsized or larger cars and 1.25"x2.5"for compact or subcompact cars. This is to make it easier to track movement and when plotting turns. The second is the car be reasonably sized. Basically the car can't be more than 3" tall because there are some bridges and things. There may be other requirements like painting but if you are building your own car that normally isn't a problem. It isn't a beauty contest but there will likely be prize for the best mod or fan favorite.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adepticon, event