Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 10-16-2016, 12:48 AM   #361
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

Default Re: The World of Dreams

From three dreams across my childhood:

A witch who only turns people into mice because she wants to have pets.

An ogre who transforms people into cakes with magic, but leaves them with their senses of sight, hearing, and pain while in cake form.

Fish that are pulled from the water already processed into diamond-shaped pieces, battered, and deep fried like the staple menu item of the Long John Silver's fast food chain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
Prosthetic or prehensile? Is it replacing the real wolf tail she used to have?
Prosthetic, replacing an anatomically normal wolf tail she'd originally had. She also had a wolf's head but that didn't strike me as nearly so odd as the tail made out of gray bricks and black Technic rods.

She wound up dating a fox boy who would have been too shy to ask her out had they not both witnessed me and my failed attempts to slay a genie before he could break out of his lamp and cause mischief. (I failed because the genie changed the pool of lava setpiece in the dungeon to a puzzle that required sub-quests in four more dungeon rooms to complete, thus stalling me long enough to finish breaking the seal).
Old 10-16-2016, 11:55 AM   #362
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply Nathan View Post

Prosthetic, replacing an anatomically normal wolf tail she'd originally had. She also had a wolf's head but that didn't strike me as nearly so odd as the tail made out of gray bricks and black Technic rods.
Honestly minor details like having a wolfs head instead of a human matter when trying to stat these things out.

A large palatial home built into the side of a small mountain, extending all the way through it with the rear exit being on the opposite side.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 01:15 PM   #363
simply Nathan

A public school that teaches elementary through high school children the job skills they're "actually going to be using when they graduate" - how to make change, how to flip burgers and deep fry potatoes, how to wash dishes, how to convince people to buy cigarettes while they're paying for their gasoline, and the like - rather than things like history and the sciences. No training for any of the jobs that pay much above minimum wage, either, "that's what college is for".

The place is extremely dimly lit, dingy, smells of mildew, and has no janitor. I never found a teacher there so I'm not sure how the instructions are conveyed to the students.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:19 PM   #364
simply Nathan

Finding old 1920s era public domain cartoons and proof that Disney had plagiarized them back when they were under copyright (including the entirety of the Pink Elephants On Parade music number from Dumbo). The characters in the shorts being played, however, react to the person pointing this out and mime him when he's facing away and other viewers are watching.

The question arises as to if someone else had, in fact, merely plagiarized Disney and then traveled backwards in time to release his own works before him in an attempt to cash in on the idea.

A father mouse giving his equivalent 20-something son "the talk" in a bathtub.

Last edited by simply Nathan; 10-18-2016 at 06:44 PM.
simply Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:27 AM   #365
David Johnston2

A mass of protoplasm that shapes itself into something that looks like a slick rubber red and white pillow that stands up on two corners and manipulates things with it's other two corners. From there association with a woman causes it to turn back into a man. I get the impression that he adopted his protoplasmic form to survive great accelerations when travelling between worlds. The two of them are traveling to an important destination, but they have rivals who want to get there first, two women who used to be one woman named "The Contessa" but who reproduced asexually while she was protoplasm.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:50 PM   #366
simply Nathan

A man whose feet have partially rotted away, covered in lacerations and outright holes.

"Diabetes isn't a direct killer, but still I am in considerable pain."

He is conducting otherwise-normal business in his bare feet, mostly fleshy on the left and mostly bony on the right.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:56 AM   #367
simply Nathan

The Mouse-Prince of Molvania (about 3' tall, or else interacting with very small humans in that dimension) fleeing from an interdimensional T-800 whose voice sounds like another person's very bad Arnold Schwarzenegger impression. During his various evasive maneuvers, the prince discovers his ability to fly somewhere around 5-6 MPH while aiming his "12-gage" which is sometimes a heavy pistol instead of a shotgun from one camera cut to another.

The prince's only souvenirs of his home timeline are three pillows, a fluffy comforter, and a copy of an excruciatingly sadistic Super Mario World rom hack. His father's name was Mario Mouse and it is usually taken by implication that the prince shares his father's name.

The Terminator's attempts at hiding his true nature are quite lacking. He goes from "I am not a robot!" to tearing off his face to reveal the endoskeleton and saying "I am a robot!" with the same amount of conviction within seconds.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:50 PM   #368
crretin

I once dreamed that my pet guinea pig had turned into an undead monster, his severed head on a elongated neck made of bloody bone, with his arms and legs lengthened in the same way

crretin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:12 PM   #369
simply Nathan

Someone having a broken stapler.

"Don't worry, I can staple it back together with my stapler"

And proceeding to do exactly that, stapling the broken stapler together using that very stapler.
Old 11-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #370
David Johnston2

A 30 foot tall moss-covered monster like something early Jack Kirby drew, that shrinks down to a human sized person dressed in a mossy voluminous cloak with a pale female face peaking out from a mound of fabric before returning to her monstrous form. "It's just a costume" a bystander assures you.

Tags
dream