Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Forum Feedback and Help

Old 01-24-2018, 05:57 PM   #1
doctorevilbrain

Default What is with the posts with 1 or an incomplete sentence?

I feel like I'm wasting my time clicking on them. What is the point of it anyways? Is it some kind of fnord, or you are not cleared to know that kind of thing? It really ticks me off that this garbage is on here. Is this supposed to be a secret code or something? As far as I'm concerned , it should be concidered spam. When I joined this forum, I didn't think I needed to know a secret code. And don't give that Illuminati garbage. I'm seriously considering not posting on this forum anymore ,and maybe not going on it anymore. Please respond to this as soon as possible. Thank you for reading this.
doctorevilbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:05 PM   #2
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: What is with the posts with 1 or an incomplete sentence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorevilbrain View Post
I feel like I'm wasting my time clicking on them. What is the point of it anyways? Is it some kind of fnord, or you are not cleared to know that kind of thing? It really ticks me off that this garbage is on here. Is this supposed to be a secret code or something? As far as I'm concerned , it should be concidered spam. When I joined this forum, I didn't think I needed to know a secret code. And don't give that Illuminati garbage. I'm seriously considering not posting on this forum anymore ,and maybe not going on it anymore. Please respond to this as soon as possible. Thank you for reading this.
It is spam.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:10 PM   #3
doctorevilbrain

Then why is it here? Why hasn't it been eliminated long ago? Does anybody have any idea of why anybody would post incomplete sentences? There doesn't seem to be any point to it.
doctorevilbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:19 PM   #4
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorevilbrain View Post
Then why is it here?
Spammer reasons.
Quote:
Why hasn't it been eliminated long ago?
They get deleted within a day or so. The posts themselves seem to be deleted instantly by the filter bots.
Quote:
Does anybody have any idea of why anybody would post incomplete sentences?
Because Markov chains aren't that smart.
Quote:
There doesn't seem to be any point to it.
Presumably search engine optimization.

Note that SJGames has a policy of not explaining their anti-spam measures in the clear. I guess you could call that "Illuminati garbage", but it is mostly just good security procedure.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:39 PM   #5
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

We have a relatively small forum staff, mostly located in North America, and there are times when none of us are looking at the forums to stomp spam in a timely manner. It's annoying and we would love for the spammers to move on to other targets, but the spammers so far have not been terribly concerned with our desires.

So, please trust that we'll get to the posts as soon as we can. If it really bugs you, report the post with a cathartic message. And then just do your best to ignore the spam from that point.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote