Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #41
DarkForce

Default Re: Day 2:(day 1's ICC, continuing)

The steel door opens.

it opens up into a contrete area. There is space for over 30 people. There are no supplies in the bunker. It appears that Cliff was about to start moving things down there. There is a computer with a self reliant power source. It appears to be a giant battery that sustains it self or can take a charger. There is a hand crank charger sitting next to it. There are 4 screens on it.

It turns on as you enter and it has what looks like four camera angles of the property. The cameras must be well hidden because you did not see any as ou came in.

Things to note.
It is cold down there. There is almost no insulation so heat just sucks right into the concrete.

there does not seem to be any controls for temp on the walls. there might be some in the computer.

There are vents on the walls that could be leading to the surface for fresh air, but you did not see any on when you came in.

It seems Cliff was VASTLY More paranoid then Trent thought. There is on one wall a bulletin board with news paper clippings about stories of this happening in small scale all over the world, but no other info is there.
DarkForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #42
Skullcrusher

Trent says,"Dude there isn't any food down here. I got 2 power bars in my waist pack and 4 Gatorades in my gear bag. Where did you put your supplies?" Trent will go back up and look for 3 things in the store.

1) Any food left
2) access to the roof.
3) he will check to make sure all the entrances are locked and have security doors shut and locked.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #43
MatthewVilter

I use the time while Trent is running back out to make sure I understand how the store security gates work and check to see if I have my taser. Once he gets back in I close down this side of the store, take the keys from Victor and lock it.

While Trent is opening the trapdoor and checking out the bunker I look over at Alice to see if she has anything new going on.

In reply to Trent:
"Damn! We loaded a bunch of food into the dump truck yesterday. I think most of what is left is in the convenience store."

((Is there any inside access between the shops?))
MatthewVilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #44
DarkForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
Trent says,"Dude there isn't any food down here. I got 2 power bars in my waist pack and 4 Gatorades in my gear bag. Where did you put your supplies?" Trent will go back up and look for 3 things in the store.

1) Any food left
2) access to the roof.
3) he will check to make sure all the entrances are locked and have security doors shut and locked.

1. All food was moved to the dumb truck on the previous day. (except for perishable food stuffs, these will only last for a few days.)

2. As no search roll was provided, I rolled. You can not find a way to the roof and you are quite search there is nothing on the roof or any way to get to it.(you critically failed)

3. All the entrances are now locked and the doors are pulled down. (not all food and weaponry save for what was in your pack and what Greg, is still locked out side in the vehicles)

Last edited by DarkForce; 11-20-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #45
DarkForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewVilter View Post
I use the time while Trent is running back out to make sure I understand how the store security gates work and check to see if I have my taser. Once he gets back in I close down this side of the store, take the keys from Victor and lock it.

While Trent is opening the trapdoor and checking out the bunker I look over at Alice to see if she has anything new going on.

In reply to Trent:
"Damn! We loaded a bunch of food into the dump truck yesterday. I think most of what is left is in the convenience store."

((Is there any inside access between the shops?))
((they are the same building, just one side is survival the other is convience but everything was loaded into the dump truck on Day1. there is nothing in the store, except for perishable food stuffs))
Old 11-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #46
Skullcrusher

Trent says"Well we got some food that should last us a couple days.....after that hopefully those freaks should be gone...or at lest most of them....if only there was a way onto the roof from inside.". Trent grabs a couple loaves of bread and starts to climb down

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #47
MatthewVilter

Torn between the freedom of the open road and the safety of a locked box...this has got to be a metaphor for life...

"I guess it will have to do."

I check to see if there are security gates around the convenience store.

"Victor, get down in the vault. Alice, can you lock up that door?"

I intend to lock the building down, then drop what food I can find into the vault, then head down.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #48
DarkForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewVilter View Post
Torn between the freedom of the open road and the safety of a locked box...this has got to be a metaphor for life...

"I guess it will have to do."

I check to see if there are security gates around the convenience store.

"Victor, get down in the vault. Alice, can you lock up that door?"

I intend to lock the building down, then drop what food I can find into the vault, then head down.
(( All the entrances are now locked and the doors are pulled down. I said this in my last post. ))

You are both now down int he bunker. The main door to the bunker is still open.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #49
MatthewVilter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchsknight View Post
(( All the entrances are now locked and the doors are pulled down. I said this in my last post. ))
((Oh yeah. I was just thinking about the gun store at the time so I got my wires crossed.))

I double check that my kids are down here and then pull the false safe closed and close the main door.

"Hopefully with us hidden down here they will just pass this compound over..."
Old 11-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #50
DarkForce

You are all now in the bunker. With 3 days worth of food. Trents bag, hatchet. Greg has everything he mentioned in Post #39. The kids did not think to grab anything. Everything else is out side in the dump truck.

Last edited by DarkForce; 11-21-2013 at 03:55 PM.