Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2011, 08:44 AM   #14
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: Spaceships: Chance of a space combat aid. But is there a need? 2D or 3D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayDowling View Post
I can't help but notice that the ship file you have there only includes two items that would come from the ship spreadsheet: the name and the hit points. It seems like it would be more work to load the spreadsheet and export than it would be to write a quick dialog that inputs a name and hit points.
Of course, there will need to be system names/types, system HPs, system power consumption/production, storage etc. I just showed what the format looks like. (Though I guess anyone familiar with xml should get the idea without the example.)

I'm intending to implement systems as some sort of list of either classes or structs. Though I'm not quite sure how to best implement system positioning - two options are through their positioning in the list, or through a property/variable within the system class/struct itself. The main reason why it matters at all is that it is possible to have more than the standard 6+6+6+2 system groups (i.e. in case of larger/smaller systems).

Last edited by vicky_molokh; 11-13-2011 at 10:14 AM.
vicky_molokh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game aid, gurps spaceship battles, spaceships