Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Transhuman Space

Old 11-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
jbalsle

Default Almost Human

There's a new series on the Fox channel that caught my attention. It's called Almost Human. For those not in the know, it's a series about a cop and his android partner fighting crime in 2048. The android is an older model android for the series, gifted with human creativity and emotions, while the newer model androids are strictly logic based with little creativity. Both the SAI android and the modern LAI androids are seen as property, and the series is tackling topics such as AI/robot rights and what does it really mean to be human. And so far, between the pilot episode and the second episode, I've gotten plenty of ideas. You can go here to watch the series.
jbalsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: Almost Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalsle View Post
You can go here to watch the series.
Tease. The video is only available in the US and military bases.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
And horribly glitchy on my computer. Not that I haven't been having issues with more sites than I should.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalsle View Post
There's a new series on the Fox channel that caught my attention. It's called Almost Human. For those not in the know, it's a series about a cop and his android partner fighting crime in 2048. The android is an older model android for the series, gifted with human creativity and emotions, while the newer model androids are strictly logic based with little creativity. Both the SAI android and the modern LAI androids are seen as property, and the series is tackling topics such as AI/robot rights and what does it really mean to be human. And so far, between the pilot episode and the second episode, I've gotten plenty of ideas. You can go here to watch the series.
The second episode was really the fifth episode, so expect their relationship to take a step back in the next one.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #5
RyanW

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
The second episode was really the fifth episode, so expect their relationship to take a step back in the next one.
And so it begins. Anyone care to start a pool on how quickly Fox manages to kill this?
Old 11-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
ClayDowling

Expect unannounced schedule changes RSN. Although to be fair, it didn't entirely grab me in the pilot. The SAI was fine, but the humans were morons who were hard to have any sympathy for. Bad Guy are ready when a raid comes, mole in the department is considered weird conspiracy theory, instead of obvious answer. Interrogation begins with beating the suspect, instead of asking questions. With cops this dumb, it's no wonder they're being replaced by AIs and the criminals are winning.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #7
ClayDowling

The first couple of episodes were definitely rocky. But a few episodes in now, I think they've worked things out some of the problems, and the characters are at least more likable, even if there is clearly a problem with lead in the water supply. They've also managed to explore at least a little the AI identity issues, which I think is a nice thing to see.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:43 AM   #8
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
It'll probably reach Netflix eventually.

Actually, if it tanks and doesn't get a 2nd season, it might reach Netflix pretty quickly, in order to squeeze a few extra dollars out of the concept.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ais, androids, ths, tv show