Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-28-2019, 12:15 PM   #21
Plane

Default Re: Yet Again I ask This Question ...

Since Ceremonial Magic takes x10 casting time, could it take less time if applying "Time Spent" penalties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
See Ceremonial Magic in GURPS Magic, p. 12 or Basic p. 238.
Spectator are limited to 100
The energy they can provide is limited to 100, but given that they opposing spectators can use their energy to interfere, it wouldn't hurt to have more. Like if you expect 10% of spectators hate you, then 100 would give you +90 and -10 for a net +80, whereas if you had 110 then you would have +99 and -11 for a net +88

I'm not sure how it would work for greater numbers... if you had something like 300 pro and 100 against, if that would be +300 -100 = +200 (capped down to +100) or if it would be +100 (300 capped) -100 = +0

Given that both say "all spectators" I'd like to think the +100/-100 caps apply after considering the net collective rather than pre-capping.

That non-mages who know the spell at 15 can provide a distinct 3 (no cap) seems like a great reason for non-mages to train in learning spells, though it would only help with spells that didn't require Magery to learn, such as Itch.

Last edited by Plane; 05-28-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote