Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-10-2009, 03:15 AM   #1
simulatoralive

Default DF Adventure: Snow Day

I've finished another adventure that might be useful in a Dungeon Fantasy style campaign. I intentionally made it fairly generic, so it could easily be plugged into just about any setting.

Here's the link to the wiki page.

Anyway, it involves a freaky, demonic version of Frosty the Snowman and his army of demon ninja snowmen. They enslaved a small village and the PCs just happen along while traveling somewhere else...

It probably won't take more than a few hours (one game session), but it could serve as a fun side adventure on the way to a dungeon.

I hope you and your players enjoy it.

Oh! By the way, if your players have a tendency to use fire a lot, I suggest that you give the Snow King a huge fire resistant shield made of ice. My group killed him in one shot with an amped-up fireball. Doh!

Islands of War is my fantasy campaign setting for GURPS. It includes Adventures.

Have trouble drawing dungeon maps? Try Inkscape and my Dungeon Template.

I'm building a video game.
simulatoralive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:34 AM   #2
SCAR

Default Re: DF Adventure: Snow Day

A very neat idea - I like it.
And who can resist Demon Ninja Snowmen!
Just the right amount of humour without being silly.

It might be more convenient to put the Snow King and Snowmen stats is a text part of the adventure rather than as GCS files.
SCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:02 AM   #3
simulatoralive

Default Re: DF Adventure: Snow Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAR
It might be more convenient to put the Snow King and Snowmen stats is a text part of the adventure rather than as GCS files.
I agree, but at the moment it's too much extra work to post two versions of each file every time I update a character sheet.

However, I just discovered that GCS has command-line options (I hadn't ever bothered to check until you got me thinking about it).

I can instruct it to export PDF files from a simple build script. That will save me loads of time and make it far less time consuming (and annoying) to update the PDF version with each new version of a GCS file. Now, if I could just automate the uploading of files to my wiki...

Heh. I can use my favorite build system for programming to do this job for me...

Unfortunately, I've got to finish another of my adventures before I get to that project. My players are all caught up and I've got to get it done it before Thrusday morning...

Islands of War is my fantasy campaign setting for GURPS. It includes Adventures.

Have trouble drawing dungeon maps? Try Inkscape and my Dungeon Template.

I'm building a video game.
simulatoralive is offline   Reply With Quote