Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-02-2017, 03:26 PM   #251
GM Joe

Default Re: Game Geekery - GURPS Content Posts

Nice! This should help newbies out a lot. Thank you!
Old 02-02-2017, 04:29 PM   #252
Phantasm

Sweet! I have it linked in the topic of my game's IRC channel. :)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:57 PM   #253
mook

Cool -- I hope it sees a lot of use (besides just the copies I'm bring to convention!)
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:11 PM   #254
Refplace

Very nice page. You continue to do great work towards making GURPS easier to use.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:02 AM   #255
zedlopez

That's really helpful -- thanks, Mook.
zedlopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:40 PM   #256
mook

Happy GURPSDay, folks!

In the second part of creating the convention game for the next GURPS Bunnies & Burrows tale, I take the disjointed and unconnected adventure ideas from Part 1 and hammer them into actual scenes and a narrative.

Once the players take over, things are of course likely to change. But I at least have a solid enough base story to work from that we can easily fill four hours of game time.

The finalized game notes aren't quite done and ready for download yet -- I still need to tweak the previous versions of the PCs a little and write everything up all pretty like -- but once everything is done, I will post the whole shebang. Should be in the next few days... the convention is next Friday!

I hope you enjoy the ongoing adventures of Brighteyes, Clover, Lightning, Oakroot, Ripper, and Sage, bunnies extraordinaire, as well as the other games in the "Adventure Creation" series.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:18 PM   #257
mook

Greetings, folks!

A bit late posting this GURPSDay, but I've been finishing up last-minute game tweaks and packing for Orccon 2017. The adventure prep for "Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow" is finally done and posted, and I'm quite happy with the way it turned out.

You can download the 30-page PDF of it yourself and see what you think. It includes the GM notes, six pre-gen rabbit PCs, a simplified GURPS player handout and GM screen, the paper minis, and a few other odds and ends.

I'd love to hear how it goes if you run this anywhere. I'm looking forward to GMing it tomorrow, Sunday afternoon, and Monday morning. I'll let you know how it goes!

Enjoy your weekend, and try to chuck some dice.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:23 PM   #258
mook

Happy GURPSDay, all! I hope your holiday weekend was chock full o' games, dice, and PC victory.

Today is the last we'll see of bunnies for a good long time, but after detailing the process of creating the adventure it seemed odd to not talk about playing the adventure.

So, today's post is a quick look at the three groups who played through "Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow" at Orccon 2017, how they approached things the same and differently, and how the encounters actually ran at a live table.

Hope you find some of the analysis useful for your own games. See you next week!
Old 03-02-2017, 01:44 PM   #259
mook

Greetings, folks!

This week's post is short and to the point: if you use the GURPS Character Assistant to create characters, you should definitely give the (free!) Phoenix character sheet a look.

It is incredibly flexible and lets you decide exactly what info you want on your character sheets, and where that info gets displayed. I can't imagine using GCA without it anymore -- it's Just. That. Good.

Check out today's post for a gallery of some of my past PCs to scratch the surface of what it can do. Enjoy!
Old 03-09-2017, 11:53 AM   #260
mook

Greetings! I hope this GURPSDay finds you all full of gaming goodness and joy.

In today's post, I look at the various ways a gunshot wound is affected by its Hit Location. Where you hit a target can make a huge difference! A well-informed GURPS player may want to be familiar with those differences.

I hope you find it helpful. Enjoy the overview, and say a short prayer for Bob and his sacrifice.

Tags
blog, blogs