Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #41
ThatMusicWriter

Default Re: The End of Days [OOC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
I've been a little busy to finish my character.... I though we weren't starting until after the new year?
All that's going on the IC page is your character's location. Actual play won't start until the 5th.
ThatMusicWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #42
ThatMusicWriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
FYI if Wes is to jump how high is the 3rd floor? And how far would he have to jump out to reach the pool?
3 stories is about 30 ft. However, I'm going to say that the hotel is on an incline, with the high side being where the pool is, subracting 5ft. To avoid landing on people, -1 to the roll. I'd say the water absorbs the shock equal to .5x its depth: 8ft. So in total, a fall of 21ft. with a -1 to acrobatics.

Last edited by ThatMusicWriter; 12-30-2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: increased realism
Old 12-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #43
Skullcrusher

Also if he makes his acrobatics roll he will shave 5 yards off the fall.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #44
ThatMusicWriter

Quote:
Also if he makes his acrobatics roll he will shave 5 yards off the fall.
Correct. Your character is unlikely to die from the fall. Also, Wes passed the self-control roll, so you don't HAVE to jump, per se. If you make it, however, I'll give a +1 to reaction rolls from anyone at the pool.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #45
Skullcrusher

I am thinking about...I don't want to cripple him off the bat...buy he is overconfident and impulsive....also he doesn't want to get kicked out of the hotel.....hmmmm.

Does he have to get a running start to clear the sidewalk below? Also are you rolling all rolls or just some? If not what do we use to roll? Is invisible castle ok?

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #46
ThatMusicWriter

Quote:
I am thinking about...I don't want to cripple him off the bat...buy he is overconfident and impulsive....also he doesn't want to get kicked out of the hotel.....hmmmm.

Does he have to get a running start to clear the sidewalk below? Also are you rolling all rolls or just some? If not what do we use to roll? Is invisible castle ok?
Well, I'm not going to screw your character before anything happens: where's the fun in that?
Old 12-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #47
Poonbahbah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMusicWriter View Post
IC gameplay will be based on my dice rolls. You tell me what you want to do, I'll tell you if you do it, it's simple as that.
I don't think you need to worry about invisiblecastle Skulcrusher.

I need to worry about if I want to play this one though. It is tempting and I have a fitness nut who's into martial arts or a hunter in mind. Assuming this is still open to new players anywho.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #48
ThatMusicWriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonbahbah View Post

I need to worry about if I want to play this one though. It is tempting and I have a fitness nut who's into martial arts or a hunter in mind. Assuming this is still open to new players anywho.
Well, we've already got a stuntman. There was talk about someone playing a contract killer who can't find his contact, but it looks like no one's going through with that. We don't have any mouthpieces, and social skills will still be important when encountering other survivors.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #49
ThatMusicWriter

Quote:
I will do the dice rolling. It helps me keep everything together, and I never trusted electronic dice.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #50
8d6Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMusicWriter View Post
Well, we've already got a stuntman. There was talk about someone playing a contract killer who can't find his contact, but it looks like no one's going through with that. We don't have any mouthpieces, and social skills will still be important when encountering other survivors.
I've revised my character and more details in the next day.
8d6Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurps, horror, play by post, sandbox, the end of days, zombie