Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #21
Jasonft

Default Re: GURPS 2013 Wish List

GURPS Hirelings

Lists and commentary for various settings for Hirelings and Minions of all sorts. How expensive is that good lawyer? How hard should it be to convince that scholar to translate the parchment written in Old Elvish? Just how loyal is that small army of mercenaries? That hacker we hired turned out to be part of a sting operation, why didn't we spot this in time?

You get the idea. Makes Wealth a bit more... interesting in how it affects play.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #22
b-dog

GURPS DF Undead, GURPS DF Demons, GURPS DF Faeries, GURPS DF Spirits and GURPS DF Elder Things.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #23
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

G: Vehicles yeah, I'm asking for it.
G: Naval Combat I so want this, if only for ship statistics, and the fact it will force the cannon damage ship hp issue to be resolved. True, spaceships can be warped into this, but its just not the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Knutsen View Post
Also think about how useful such supplements can be for non-GURPS GMs. There are a lot of Ars Magica GMs who can make good use of TL3 (and TL2) floorplans. There's a fairly big market for that kind of material, but ever since 4th Edition got published, SJ Games have drawn inwards, focusing very strongly on material that is of little use outside of GURPS.
Lets finish what we started with 4E first!

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #24
DanHoward

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
GURPS DF Undead, GURPS DF Demons, GURPS DF Faeries, GURPS DF Spirits and GURPS DF Elder Things.
All of these simply need a couple of pages showing you how to use the standard GURPS book in a DF setting. SJG doesn't need an entirely new book.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #25
b-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHoward View Post
All of these simply need a couple of pages showing you how to use the standard GURPS book in a DF setting. SJG doesn't need an entirely new book.
This said wish list and what I wish for are DF monster books filled with information with specific types of monsters. If there was DF Undead then it would be filled with all sorts of undead from myth and legend. The dial for undead powers would be turned to 11. There would be lots of ideas for using undead in dungeons, there would be crypt and tomb design and so on.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #26
JCurwen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Knutsen View Post
GURPS Power-Downs 1.
Seconded. Heck, thirded, if I can raise both hands. My sister and avid GURPS player agrees.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #27
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsuban View Post

Why wouldn't said non-GURPS GMs be happy with the data from the 3e books which you already acknowledged? What do they stand to gain from SJG investing resources in putting out the same books again with the same information and game mechanics updated for 4e?
That pretty much nails it. And what's limiting new publications like this is the fact that the market for "fact books" useful in any system appears to be dead. Supporting the mechanics of a game that we know people actually buy and play is more practical. We gamers can moan all we want about not liking that status quo, but that won't change market realities . . . which are that in the current era, what sells to gamers is games for the sake of gaming (i.e., stats and rules), not games as an excuse for source material.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #28
DanHoward

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
This said wish list and what I wish for are DF monster books filled with information with specific types of monsters. If there was DF Undead then it would be filled with all sorts of undead from myth and legend. The dial for undead powers would be turned to 11. There would be lots of ideas for using undead in dungeons, there would be crypt and tomb design and so on.
Any decent book on undead should include pretty much all of this.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #29
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHoward View Post
More of the same (Compact Castles II).
Awww. I did not buy the Compact Castles book becasue I rarely use Castles.
However several of the other ideas would be of much higher value to me.
Workshops in particular but also Inns and Taverns.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 01-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #30
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
The same as it is every year, Pinky... er, Chris:

GURPS Fourth Edition In Nomine
Second the motion. I'll even write it if I have to.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Closed Thread

Tags
dungeon fantasy, gurps, horses, magic, monsters, wish list